Spoilers For Monday June 6th 2016

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday June 6th 2016

Post by James Robinson »

Today maybe the anniversary of D-Day, but this week is also D-Day for 2 players, as the series finals commence on Friday.

Our #1 seed, Paul Erdunast is ready and waiting, but who will his opponent be??

It's down to 2 possibilities: either the current #8 seed Tony Lock, or the current champion, Jonny Peppiatt.

Jonny needs to win at least the next 2 games to be in with a chance, but even then, Tony might still be safe, if Jonny wins between today and Thursday, as he would then be transported to Series 75.

Chris Hollins finishes up in DC today, before Richard Madeley takes over tomorrow.

Join Sean for the recap in a bit. ;) :) :D
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday June 6th 2016

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Sean Cooke could also end up as #8, if Peppiatt wins the next 3 and loses on Thursday.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

By the way, what happens if someone who could have entered the S74 finals had they been unbeaten at the end of S74 is transported to S75 and doesn't have enough wins to make the S75 finals? Has this already happened at least once? I seem to recall an Ask Graeme question regarding the implications of counting tie-break conundrums in people's totals that would lead to a perverted application of the carry-over rule.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:By the way, what happens if someone who could have entered the S74 finals had they been unbeaten at the end of S74 is transported to S75 and doesn't have enough wins to make the S75 finals? Has this already happened at least once? I seem to recall an Ask Graeme question regarding the implications of counting tie-break conundrums in people's totals that would lead to a perverted application of the carry-over rule.
There's some interesting discussion here.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

The 537 numbers round was the 2nd time recently that a contestant didn't find a 12 when there was a 25 and an easy to make 13 in the line up - including me last time but I saw it today!
When Susie's OOWs lasted for about one minute flat I thought - hmmm, how many conundrums are we going to have?!