Spoilers for Tuesday April 22nd 2014 (S70 P71)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday April 22nd 2014 (S70 P71)

Post by Jordan F »

We just crowned an octochamp in Mark Murphy. As a result, for one of the first times all series, we have two new contestants today. Who will win out? We also have a new guest in the corner today, Arlene Phillips. She's a brunette. That's about all I know about her.

Join Callum for the recap later.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday April 22nd 2014 (S70 P71)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

*tumbleweed blows through spoiler thread*
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Bradley Cates
Acolyte

Post by Bradley Cates »

Judging by the lack of posts in this thread, I assume that the website crashed. I wasn't able to access it at all! I thought it was just me. I would imagine other people were affected, hence the lack of posts here.
Sfumato soup
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Bradley Cates wrote:Judging by the lack of posts in this thread, I assume that the website crashed. I wasn't able to access it at all! I thought it was just me. I would imagine other people were affected, hence the lack of posts here.
The website didn't crash, it was just inaccessible from certain places. downforeveryone claimed it was up, and I could reach the site from my phone, but not my home connection. Must have just been a Mysterious Internet Thing.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I assumed it was deliberately inaccessible so that we could not comment about how bad (or otherwise) we thought the contestants might be after having got used to Mark Murray's standard of play the previous 8 shows...
myself I am annoyed having missed 5 maxes including 1 of the 9s, though happy to get a new pb of 134 (out of 148).

Alt last numbers (75-(2x3))x7+1 = 482.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:happy to get a new pb of 134 (out of 148).
I got the max as 147............. :roll:

DENARIUS/SANDIVER in round 2, HAPLOID/TADPOLE in round 5, FOOTERS/FOOTSIE in round 13.

1st Numbers Alt.: ((25 - 5) x 50) - 7 - 3 - 6 = 984
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Graeme Cole wrote:
Bradley Cates wrote:Judging by the lack of posts in this thread, I assume that the website crashed. I wasn't able to access it at all! I thought it was just me. I would imagine other people were affected, hence the lack of posts here.
The website didn't crash, it was just inaccessible from certain places. downforeveryone claimed it was up, and I could reach the site from my phone, but not my home connection. Must have just been a Mysterious Internet Thing.
When I tried downforeveryone (can't remember the time), it said it was down, but took ages doing so, which it didn't for other URLs that I just made up, so it suggested that there was something there that it was trying to access.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Nick played it well there in the ORGASMIC / GRIMACES round.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

James Robinson wrote: 1st Numbers Alt.: ((25 - 5) x 50) - 7 - 3 - 6 = 984
Same way here, but thought it was interesting RR actually said, as she did it a complicated way, that "there might be an easier way", which proves she doesn't deliberately go for a complicated solution as has been previously discussed.

I do like to see the contestants chatting to each other during the credits, and sorry I'm so late - it's something to do with there being a snooker tournament on at the moment, and the matches finishing earlier these last few nights ;)