(Women) standing up for a wee

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

(Women) standing up for a wee

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Recently, someone female who I used to respect greatly confided in me that they stand up for a wee. Am I right to think less of them after this revelation?

It reminded me of that early scene in The Full Monty where those women are stood at the urinals peeing.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: (Women) standing up for a wee

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I'd think more of them.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Depends if they're weeing into a toilet or just spraying it over whatever happens to be in front of them.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

How is life with Michelle, anyway?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Recently, someone female who I used to respect greatly confided in me that they stand up for a wee. Am I right to think less of them after this revelation?
Well, that would depend on whether or not they were using the Smartway Female Urination Device.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JimBentley wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Recently, someone female who I used to respect greatly confided in me that they stand up for a wee. Am I right to think less of them after this revelation?
Well, that would depend on whether or not they were using the Smartway Female Urination Device.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Useful skill to have if you go to a festival. The seats/general area around the seats at the longdrops are absolutely covered in other people's piss by the last day, and no-one wants to sit on that.

Actually, typing that has just reminded me that when I went to the Hop Farm Festival, there weren't enough female loos (proper loos rather than longdrops) about, so the stewards were handing out SheWees (made out of paper or cardboard or something disposable) to some of the girls in the line and directing them towards the urinals in the men's loos. However I was not one of the recipients, so can't provide any insight on them.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Maybe
Jennifer Steadman wrote:The seats/general area around the seats at the longdrops are absolutely covered in other people's piss by the last day
has something to do with girls thinking that standing up for a piss is a
Jennifer Steadman wrote:Useful skill to have if you go to a festival.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Jon O'Neill wrote:Maybe
Jennifer Steadman wrote:The seats/general area around the seats at the longdrops are absolutely covered in other people's piss by the last day
has something to do with girls thinking that standing up for a piss is a
Jennifer Steadman wrote:Useful skill to have if you go to a festival.
No! Well, maybe that exacerbates the problem if you can't negotiate the logistics (not easy when sober, probably a nightmare when under any influences), but it's not how it begins. Assuming it's clean at the beginning of the festival, girls don't need to stand up to use it, meaning that the only way it can get on the seat in the first place is men aiming badly. Having come to this conclusion, I'm all in favour of them sitting down.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle