Spoilers for Friday March 8th 2013 (Series 68 Prelim 5)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday March 8th 2013 (Series 68 Prelim 5)

Post by Jordan F »

Sam McElhinney got a solid win yesterday against our own Philip Jarvis, and now Sam is hoping to end the week even stronger with another win under his belt. Can he pull it off?

Join Heather for the recap later.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Friday March 8th 2013 (Series 68 Prelim 5)

Post by Tony Atkins »

Alt on the 1st hard numbers (spotted out of time) (100-25+4)x9-50+8
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Might sound like a stupid question but I'm at work and can't remember this game - what's the challenger's full name again? Cheers

Edit: ah is it the young girl?
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Juliette something
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Juliette Bains I think.

Alt last numbers (100-5)x9+10.

One bird at least was missed: POUTER in round 12
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

VIDEOES/VOIDEST in round 8, OUTAGES/UPSTAGE in round 9, ADIEUX in round 11 and PROTECT in round 12.

3rd Numbers Alt.: (9 x 100) - ((6 + 1) x 5) = 865
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Didn't know what Jojo? Jordan? someone? was on about with the buzzer noises before but, yup, contestant buzzer made no noise today on our TV.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Matt Morrison wrote:Didn't know what Jojo? Jordan? someone? was on about with the buzzer noises before but, yup, contestant buzzer made no noise today on our TV.
It was Jojo, and I experienced it as well when watching a Sky+ recording, which I'm guessing is the problem? At some point somebody mentioned that the buzzers come through different audio channels (Champion's buzzer left, Challenger's right) so maybe Sky+ only records one channel? Jojo do you watch on Sky+?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Didn't know what Jojo? Jordan? someone? was on about with the buzzer noises before but, yup, contestant buzzer made no noise today on our TV.
It was Jojo, and I experienced it as well when watching a Sky+ recording, which I'm guessing is the problem? At some point somebody mentioned that the buzzers come through different audio channels (Champion's buzzer left, Challenger's right) so maybe Sky+ only records one channel? Jojo do you watch on Sky+?
Try watching on Sky- and you might find that it's the other buzzer that doesn't work.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah this was a Sky+ recording as well. But then every single episode is a Sky+ recording and this is the first time I'd noticed it (and noticed it "cold" as well). Most odd.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:
Try watching on Sky- and you might find that it's the other buzzer that doesn't work.
There's no such thing as Sky-.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:It was Jojo, and I experienced it as well when watching a Sky+ recording, which I'm guessing is the problem? At some point somebody mentioned that the buzzers come through different audio channels (Champion's buzzer left, Challenger's right) so maybe Sky+ only records one channel? Jojo do you watch on Sky+?
There's no such thing as Sky-.
Oh.
Heather Styles

Post by Heather Styles »

Hi, the arrangement was that I would write Friday recaps during the 30th Birthday Championship, but I hadn't been planning to write any more. As far as I know, Thomas Carey is going to pick up the Friday reins again...
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

This took far longer than it should for me to understand what you were saying. At first I thought Jojo had posted something like "I didn't know that." and you were asking Jojo what they didn't know. But then searching up the page I couldn't see a post from Jojo. So then read it again. And again tried to search for this imagined elusive post from Jojo. Then I read your post a bit more and thought that you were on about the buzzer talk in the Ask Graeme thread and was just confused for a while. And then I actually read your whole sentence and it made sense. EXPLAIN YOURSELF BETTER NEXT TIME!!!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

haha enjoying being over brief in forum at mo. lazy approach to post count
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Heather Styles wrote:Hi, the arrangement was that I would write Friday recaps during the 30th Birthday Championship, but I hadn't been planning to write any more. As far as I know, Thomas Carey is going to pick up the Friday reins again...
I did think that you were only doing the 30BC, Heather. But, I can't see Thomas returning any time soon, so Andy Platt will doing the recap this week, as he begged me to do it. :D
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

James Robinson wrote:
Heather Styles wrote:Hi, the arrangement was that I would write Friday recaps during the 30th Birthday Championship, but I hadn't been planning to write any more. As far as I know, Thomas Carey is going to pick up the Friday reins again...
I did think that you were only doing the 30BC, Heather. But, I can't see Thomas returning any time soon, so Andy Platt will doing the recap this week, as he begged me to do it. :D
Haha! "Can i do the Friday recap? Never done one before" clearly translating into James's alternative universe as "Please Mr Robinson can I please please please do the recap?"

It's up now. See if anyone can spot the Easter Egg