Guinness World Record Attempt?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Guinness World Record Attempt?

Post by Johnny Canuck »

With nearly all Countdown's 30-year history now made available to us in the form of detailed recaps (thanks mainly to the efforts of one man -- kudos to you, MB!), does anyone here think it would be suitable to have Countdown recognised in Guinness World Records as the "Best-recorded" or "Best-recapped game show ever"?

Don't know whether this record would actually make it into a book; also, we might have to add a qualifier to that record (such as "...among game shows that have run for more than X years") since I'm pretty sure a couple American game shows that ran for only a few weeks or months have been recapped 100%. Just wanted to know if anyone supported this bid.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Guinness World Record Attempt?

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Johnny Canuck wrote:With nearly all Countdown's 30-year history now made available to us in the form of detailed recaps (thanks mainly to the efforts of one man -- kudos to you, MB!), does anyone here think it would be suitable to have Countdown recognised in Guinness World Records as the "Best-recorded" or "Best-recapped game show ever"?

Don't know whether this record would actually make it into a book; also, we might have to add a qualifier to that record (such as "...among game shows that have run for more than X years") since I'm pretty sure a couple American game shows that ran for only a few weeks or months have been recapped 100%. Just wanted to know if anyone supported this bid.
Are records like this actually featured? Surely somebody could recap every episode of every gameshow and then all gameshows will feature in the record books as 100%? I thought the book had records that could be bettered, e.g times, numbers of things etc, rather than 100% which can't be bettered? Maybe I'm wrong.