Spoilers For Monday October 29th 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday October 29th 2012

Post by James Robinson »

So, we're into another week on Countdown, but this is no ordinary week, as it's 30th Anniversary Week!!!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

And don't forget the first Countdown in Edinburgh on Saturday too :!: :!: 8-) 8-)

And while there might be no special episode on Friday for Anniversary Day, let's see if we can get closer to another possible octochamp for our ever-growing collection this series.

After the 16-match run of consecutive wins by female contestants was ended by Dave Boyle on Thursday (admittedly, the 16-match run consisted of 2 players), Amy Gilbert got one back for the girls with a tight win over Dave on Friday, but can she carry on where she left off today :?:

Back in DC for the 2nd time this series is the comedienne, Jo Brand.

Join Graeme for the recap later. ;) :) :D
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday October 29th 2012

Post by Jordan F »

I'm going to assume DOUCHES is a real word, if so, round 1 beater there.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

ADDUCES in R1 to beat

Edit; apparently douches and douched both valid, JF

SCORIAE alternative in round 8, PRUINOSE round 9
Malcolm James
Acolyte

Post by Malcolm James »

R12 GLEAMS for a beater.

I can only assume that Susie missed this due to Jo Brand's tiresome efforts. Finding silly words is fine once or twice a show, but doing it every round makes me want to shoot her.
Grant Waters
Acolyte

Post by Grant Waters »

OMEGAS in r12 also.

Great game by Amy. Could easily have scored 121 which would probably be the highest score this season?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Grant Waters wrote:Great game by Amy. Could easily have scored 121 which would probably be the highest score this season?
111 itself is the highest score of the series, but it would've beaten the previous best by 11, if she got the conundrum.

I must admit I went for UNDICTION too............. :roll: :oops:

That and PENSIONE cost me a max game. :( :(
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Pretty good performance from Amy. PRUINOSE in round 9. I did (7x7+1+25)x10 for the last numbers. Missed BEHAVE/THIEVE in round 3, the latter being virtually spelt out, which would have given me a max game. :cry:
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

Malcolm James wrote:Jo Brand's tiresome efforts. Finding silly words is fine once or twice a show, but doing it every round makes me want to shoot her.
You and me both. And if you produce a non-existent word using letters that are not in the selection, you are not having "really bad luck".
Malcolm James
Acolyte

Post by Malcolm James »

And it also means that Susie doesn't have time to give her words which beat the contestants. I imagine she finds it tiresome as well, but is very professional about it.
Grant Waters
Acolyte

Post by Grant Waters »

Jack Worsley wrote: Missed BEHAVE/THIEVE in round 3, the latter being virtually spelt out, which would have given me a max game. :cry:
That'll teach you to mis-BEHAVE Jack ;-)
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Malcolm James wrote:R12 GLEAMS for a beater.

I can only assume that Susie missed this due to Jo Brand's tiresome efforts. Finding silly words is fine once or twice a show, but doing it every round makes me want to shoot her.
Glad I'm not the only one who finds Jo Brand's talents wasted on submitting stupid non-words.

After a while it is just not funny anymore and really not relevant to the show.

Still can't believe Rachel put up the word BEARSHAFT in round two to show the audience and the viewers. Now it's stuck in my brain and am likely to play it next time I play Scrabble/Countdown.

Mauro