Spoilers for Monday 29 September 2008

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Spoilers for Monday 29 September 2008

Post by Charlie Reams »

MOPHEADS for an equaller in Round 4.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Monday 29 September 2008

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

APEMAN rd 6
DYNAMOS rd 9
rd 10 alt: (8x3-5/5)x4x6
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

Another alternative for 2nd numbers game:
(5 x 5) + 4 - 6 = 23; 23 x 3 x 8 = 552
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

Alternative for 3rd numbers game:

100 x (8-1) = 700; 8 x (6-2) = 32; 700 + 32 = 732.

Alternative equaliser for S T O N K E D I T ; TOKENIST for 8.
Last edited by Mark Kudlowski on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I'm sure plenty of people on here saw that long-running DC blind spot KENDOIST in round 13.

Improvement on last week as I only forgot to note the first 7 rounds today. If someone can supply me with those details then I can finish the rest of the recap from there.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

If I were playing I'dve been tempted to declare SHITTIER instead of THIRTIES.

Also today I received my university timetable, and due to lecture restrictions I'll be doing Tuesday recaps from the repeat on Friday morning.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Charlie Reams wrote:I'm sure plenty of people on here saw that long-running DC blind spot KENDOIST in round 13.

Improvement on last week as I only forgot to note the first 7 rounds today. If someone can supply me with those details then I can finish the rest of the recap from there.
Failing that there's a lovely channel called 4+1
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

Round 1; TRNIEIDES
Round 2; CNOPETJAT
Round 3; RSWCEUALU
Round 4; AEOPSDLHM
Round 5; 4, 10, 3, 2, 8, 6 - target 406
Round 6; AENPMAVFN
Round 7; SQGTIEORG
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Dinos Sfyris wrote: Improvement on last week as I only forgot to note the first 7 rounds today. If someone can supply me with those details then I can finish the rest of the recap from there.
Failing that there's a lovely channel called 4+1[/quote]

Oh yes. I'll watch that.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

DC equaller - Round 3 or thereabouts - CURLEWS
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

The C4 countdown site
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/t ... countdown/
has a catchup feature giving the previous 30 days' programmes.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:If I were playing I'dve been tempted to declare SHITTIER instead of THIRTIES.
I was wondering if someone had suggested it because Carol seemed to find something funny. Also to add to the many 8s in round 1 (I think) there was SINTERED.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:If I were playing I'dve been tempted to declare SHITTIER instead of THIRTIES.
I was wondering if someone had suggested it because Carol seemed to find something funny. Also to add to the many 8s in round 1 (I think) there was SINTERED.
I think both players offered SHITTIER and then retook. Both were sniggering vigorously and Junaid really couldn't control himself the round after. I think it was edited and they were made to say THIRTIES.

Few equallers from me:

Round 1: NITERIES
Round 9: NOYADES

And then of course SHITTIER and KENDOIST as a beater, but Charlie beat me to it. Didn't get the max game today, the obscure ROOIGRAS slipped the net in round 8. A mars bar if anybody did hit a perfect game today.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Mark Kudlowski wrote:Alternative for 3rd numbers game:

100 x (8-1) = 700; 8 x (6-2) = 32; 700 + 32 = 732.

Alternative equaliser for S T O N K E D I T ; TOKENIST for 8.
As in one who collects tokens for a hobby? ;) Anyway, sadly, it's not in.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I think both players offered SHITTIER and then retook. Both were sniggering vigorously and Junaid really couldn't control himself the round after. I think it was edited and they were made to say THIRTIES.
I agree. Blatant!
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I wonder would they reshoot if contestants declared a naughty word that didn't have an equaller, eg SHITTIEST
DaveC
Acolyte

Post by DaveC »

Dinos Sfyris wrote: wonder would they reshoot if contestants declared a naughty word that didn't have an equaller, eg SHITTIEST
Yes, I believe they have set rounds with pre-arranged letters in. So if SHITTIEST did come up, they'd have a complete new round, with pre-arranged letters that contained one 9'er in it.. which they'd both declare.

I presume they did that with the famous WANKERS outtake.

DC
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

DaveC wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote: wonder would they reshoot if contestants declared a naughty word that didn't have an equaller, eg SHITTIEST
Yes, I believe they have set rounds with pre-arranged letters in. So if SHITTIEST did come up, they'd have a complete new round, with pre-arranged letters that contained one 9'er in it.. which they'd both declare.

I presume they did that with the famous WANKERS outtake.

DC
I think they should just get over it and accept what the contestants say. They're only words and it's not like they're being said with "meaning". It also screws up playing against them at home and the recaps, and possibly maximum scores. They could get the only eight which is a swear word and then be given a new selection where they are told to declare the eight when there is a nine. We think they haven't achieved the maximum and beat them at home as well!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote: I think they should just get over it and accept what the contestants say. They're only words and it's not like they're being said with "meaning". It also screws up playing against them at home and the recaps, and possibly maximum scores. They could get the only eight which is a swear word and then be given a new selection where they are told to declare the eight when there is a nine. We think they haven't achieved the maximum and beat them at home as well!
Ya know, I'm pretty sure no one on the production team cares about maximums or anything like that, since 99% of the viewing public don't.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote: I think they should just get over it and accept what the contestants say. They're only words and it's not like they're being said with "meaning". It also screws up playing against them at home and the recaps, and possibly maximum scores. They could get the only eight which is a swear word and then be given a new selection where they are told to declare the eight when there is a nine. We think they haven't achieved the maximum and beat them at home as well!
Ya know, I'm pretty sure no one on the production team cares about maximums or anything like that, since 99% of the viewing public don't.
I just think it's a bit silly. "Ooh someone said a naughty word so we have to edit it out." Someone had WANKER a few series ago and it went on air. http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/gevinc ... ssage/1580
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

I've just watched this programme, still catching up on Junaid's last few.

My impression, just watching round 12 and not having read this thread, was that Junaid had got SHITTIER, and simply showed it to DC as confirmation that he'd got a valid 8 letter word. And Gerard had guessed what was happening, having come up with both SHITTIER and THIRTIES, hence his smile too. But the suggestion of a retake, as suggested by others here, is probably more likely.

I thought Gerard was a little unlucky in round 7, being asked to spell his word. I'm sure that we often get contestants declaring GOITRE or GOITRES without being asked to spell it. Maybe the team are tightening up in words such as this. Good thing it didn't prove to be crucial.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Howard Somerset wrote:I thought Gerard was a little unlucky in round 7, being asked to spell his word. I'm sure that we often get contestants declaring GOITRE or GOITRES without being asked to spell it.
I think somebody the other day declared something actually saying "I'm not sure if I've spelt it right" and I was surprised that they still didn't ask them to spell it. Although maybe it was the case that it was the only way it could be spelled with the letters available, so it was fair to assume that they had spelt it right. I can't remember. Maybe I should have gone and looked through the recaps to jog my memory before posting this.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:Maybe I should have gone and looked through the recaps to jog my memory before posting this.
Maybe you should. Fuck off.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

:(
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote::(
It's alright - you can come back now.