Spoilers for Thursday October 25th 2012 (Series 67 Prelim 58

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday October 25th 2012 (Series 67 Prelim 58

Post by Jordan F »

We have two new contestants today due to Rose Boyle becoming an octochamp. Who will come out on top, and could we have a third consecutive octochamp? I wouldn't be surprised at the pace of this series so far.

James will recap us later.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Thursday October 25th 2012 (Series 67 Preli

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I'm predicting all-octo finals for Series 67. What would they do if there were more than 8 octos?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

ACHIOTE as an equal in the ETHICAL round
Grant Waters
Acolyte

Post by Grant Waters »

Johnny Canuck wrote:I'm predicting all-octo finals for Series 67. What would they do if there were more than 8 octos?
From a purely selfish point of view Johnny I hope you are wrong. But to answer your question - the Octochamp with the lowest total would not make the finals - currently Chris Marshall is in that unfortunate position.

I'm hoping we run out of shows before that happens though, for Chris's sake - and mine!
Grant Waters
Acolyte

Post by Grant Waters »

Anyone else notice Nick's reaction to the incorrect conundrum guess. It kind of gave the game away that the answer was close, and that the first part of the word was correct - but surprisingly Leke still didn't get it. Would have been controversial if it had been a crucial, and he'd got it.

And also, wondering why Nick read out Dave's score in French when he reached 69 points? ;) Rachel very cleverly resorted to french in her closing comments.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

First time we have had adjacent champions with the same surname since Tom Barnes beat Cliff Barnes back in S64 (May 2011). No doubt James can tell us when the previous time was (at was at least before 2003), or is this the second time ever?
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:First time we have had adjacent champions with the same surname since Tom Barnes beat Cliff Barnes back in S64 (May 2011). No doubt James can tell us when the previous time was (at was at least before 2003), or is this the second time ever?
Well, Wayne Summers, the winner of Series 24, was beaten by his dad, Martin Summers, that was back in 1992.

I bet it has happened somewhere inbetween though.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

James Robinson wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:First time we have had adjacent champions with the same surname since Tom Barnes beat Cliff Barnes back in S64 (May 2011). No doubt James can tell us when the previous time was (at was at least before 2003), or is this the second time ever?
Well, Wayne Summers, the winner of Series 24, was beaten by his dad, Martin Summers, that was back in 1992.

I bet it has happened somewhere inbetween though.
That was on 6th July 1992, for the record.

The one you missed was Alison Moore v Stuart Moore on 31st May 2001 - I can't see any others listed.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024