Spoilers for Thursday February 16th 2012 (Series 66 Game 29)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday February 16th 2012 (Series 66 Game 29)

Post by Jordan F »

One of our own is back in the champions chair, as Chris Butler won in the battle of the Chrises yesterday. Can he continue? Making his life harder today, just because Damian can...we have another apterite today, Matt Conway. Who will come out on top? Not Gloria Hunniford...I want the stories about Kate Humble's dog back...please? Badger Humble, I"m petitioning for your return, just to spare me from Gloria. And we STILL don't know whether it's all about Rachel's man as we learned on Tuesday's show. I want answers Riley, I want answers.

Speaking of answers, join James for the answers on the recap later.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Thursday February 16th 2012 (Series 66 Game

Post by Julie T »

Congratulations, Chris, on your win yesterday! :)

I watched it this morning, not having seen the build-up, and was rooting for you, as we've played a few games on apterous.

I've played Matt on apterous too, so whoever wins today, a fellow apterite will be in the champion's chair tomorrow. 8-)

For the record, Matt won a higher proportion of our matches than Chris. However, with only one game to sort it out between them, and Chris with the tactical advantage of it being his second screen appearance, anything could happen.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I know Matt usually picks 2 large, but he must be kicking himself for not getting the 20 points for them. Great game though.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Really good game, both played well. Congrats to Chris who played even better than yesterday and unlucky Matt as his performance today would have won many games comfortably. It was a shame about the numbers games as I'm sure Matt would normally solve those, maybe the studio pressure got to him.

2nd numbers: (50x3-1)x6+100-10 = 984

MAGENTA in round 2.
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Yes - really good game today between 2 good players.

Was that another Apterite in the audience who got the conundrum?
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Agree, was a good game, best standard we've seen since Jack was on (or maybe Sri when he was playing well).

2nd numbers: add everything together except the 6, then times by the 6. Can't remember what I had in any other round cos the recap's not up yet. Would be nice to see how many maxes they got, must have been about 11 to 10 or something.
Philip Jarvis wrote:Was that another Apterite in the audience who got the conundrum?
Who were you thinking of?

Have to admit, I would have buzzed in with SESECTOMY*, probs cos I've done that before on apterous.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Andy Platt wrote: Would be nice to see how many maxes they got, must have been about 11 to 10 or something.
I think it was 10-8 to Chris in terms of maximums, which is pretty good.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jack Worsley wrote:
Andy Platt wrote: Would be nice to see how many maxes they got, must have been about 11 to 10 or something.
I think it was 10-8 to Chris in terms of maximums, which is pretty good.
Yup, that's right, but not as good as my FIFTEEN. 8-) (My 2nd MAX of the series, I make it. 8-) :geek: :D )

Pretty good standard again. Shame for Matt in the 2 numbers games. A tiebreak would have made it even more exciting. 8-)

MAGNETAR in round 2, SHIRALEE in round 6, POTAGES in round 11, PROLINE in round 12 and ENSOULS in round 13.

1st Numbers Alt.: ((9 x (5 + 3)) + 2) x 3 = 222
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Good game today. Well done Chris, and well played Matt(hew) as well.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Jack Worsley wrote:Really good game, both played well. Congrats to Chris who played even better than yesterday and unlucky Matt as his performance today would have won many games comfortably. It was a shame about the numbers games as I'm sure Matt would normally solve those, maybe the studio pressure got to him.
This.

Matt was really unlucky not to spot the second and third numbers rounds solutions which would've resulted in a crucial conundrum, but congratulations to both for a great game.

Looking forward to watching Chris's third appearance tomorrow.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

POTAGES as an anagrammatic alternative in Round 11. Thought the conundrum was MESOCYTES^.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Andy Platt wrote:
Philip Jarvis wrote:Was that another Apterite in the audience who got the conundrum?
Who were you thinking of?

Have to admit, I would have buzzed in with SESECTOMY*, probs cos I've done that before on apterous.
I didn't recognise her. I just thought that an Apterite would have been more likely to spot ECOSYSTEM than an ordinary member of the audience. I was also conscious that someone said there would be 5 Apterites in the next 8 episodes.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Jim Treloar
Rookie

Post by Jim Treloar »

Don't know if she was an apterite, but I was sitting next to her and it was her first time in the audience apparently, a student. Also she was the only member of the audience who put her hand up. Good spot, I thought.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Jim Treloar wrote:Good spot, I thought.
This is the sort of reason I don't bother with HD televisions.