Spoilers For Thursday September 22nd 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Thursday September 22nd 2011

Post by James Robinson »

Thursday is here, and after yesterday's downer, Andy Royce will hoping to win back his fans with an impressive 3rd showing today. Can he make it a hat-trick :?:

Join me for the Robinson Recap later to find out. ;) :) :D
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Spoilers For Thursday September 22nd 2011

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:Thursday is here, and after yesterday's downer, Andy Royce
Stop it!
Andy McGurn
Enthusiast

Post by Andy McGurn »

ASSENTED as an equaller in the STANDEES round
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I was disappointed with how well I did today, as well as with the contestants. I managed to work out 1 away on the first numbers (13 x 51 is 663 if it helps) in about 60 seconds, but the computer tells me it is possible, though 88% difficulty level. I then failed to get the second numbers...
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Watching on +1

That is why we don't want Jeff to go.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Andy looks scared, uncertain and/or angry at every word he declares. Really scrunches his face up. Cheer up Andy!
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Mark Deeks wrote:Andy looks scared, uncertain and/or angry at every word he declares. Really scrunches his face up. Cheer up Andy!
Looks to me like he's too busy trying not to fall asleep. Still, he woke up a bit after Jeff did his "WHAT'S THE FIVE, ANDY?"
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Pffff, just when you thought it couldn't sink any lower, a complete stinker (close to saying travesty of a game) today.

Andy just collapsed completely today.

Not that I can gloat that much since I said TOWELMARK too. :oops: :oops:

LICENSOR in round 9.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

That's the fifth conundrum in a row that's gone unsolved. Does anyone know when was the last time this happened, or what's the maximum number of consecutive conundrums that have gone unsolved?
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

nobody including DC noticed wideout in round 7.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Graeme Cole wrote:That's the fifth conundrum in a row that's gone unsolved. Does anyone know when was the last time this happened, or what's the maximum number of consecutive conundrums that have gone unsolved?
I seem to recall a run of either 4 or 5 sometime last year, but some digging will probably be required.
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

Graeme Cole wrote:That's the fifth conundrum in a row that's gone unsolved. Does anyone know when was the last time this happened, or what's the maximum number of consecutive conundrums that have gone unsolved?
The record seems to be six, which has happened twice, the runs ending in episodes 261 and 2103. In the latter case the sequence included 2 missed conundrums in a 14-round final.

Additionally, a run of 5 consecutive missed conundrums was completed in episodes 933, 976, 996, 1141,1308, 1522, 2017, 2175, 3499, 4823 and 5043. At least I think so. It seems to be getting rarer.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Clive Brooker wrote:
The record seems to be six, which has happened twice, the runs ending in episodes 261 and 2103. In the latter case the sequence included 2 missed conundrums in a 14-round final.

Additionally, a run of 5 consecutive missed conundrums was completed in episodes 933, 976, 996, 1141,1308, 1522, 2017, 2175, 3499, 4823 and 5043. At least I think so. It seems to be getting rarer.
Interesting, so if nobody gets tomorrow's conundrum it'll be unique. Thanks for digging all that up, how did you find it? Some kind of search on the wiki?
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

Graeme Cole wrote:Interesting, so if nobody gets tomorrow's conundrum it'll be unique. Thanks for digging all that up, how did you find it? Some kind of search on the wiki?
I'm a bit nervous about explaining my methods on a forum like this in case they're really crap!

To get a local copy of the Wiki data I used a 30-day trial version of iMacros (from iOpus.com). As luck would have it one of the demo macros provided with IMacros does almost exactly what's needed. This is part of a grander plan to create a database with which I can carry out all kinds of "interesting" research - a plan possibly rendered redundant by Charlie's recently announced intention to consolidate all the round-by-round details into the Apterous database or similar. In the meantime I can answer questions of great importance like "How often has a televised game included 2 Qs?" with minimal effort. FTR the only letter which has never occurred twice is J.

Once again, tribute is due to the efforts of the recapping team.