WE ARE UNDER ATTACK

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jon Corby
Moral Hero

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK

Post by Jon Corby »

Or something.

I was browsing through some old posts, and upon clicking this link:

http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 906#p86906

Google Chrome threw a strop and told me I was likely to get all infected if I continued.

I haven't continued since I'm at work and I might get in trouble if I get flagged up by our own antivirus, so what gives? Has somebody linked to a picture on a dodgy website on that particular page?
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Re: WE ARE UNDER ATTACK

Post by Lesley Hines »

My antivirus isn't throwing anything up and I'm using Firefox - here's the contents of the post for your own satisfaction (kinda):

[post]
Re: FIFA World Cup 2010

Postby Jon Corby » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:It's official now. The England camp have blamed the ball for Rob Green's error on Saturday, and he'll be back in goal on Friday having impressed in training.

This ball shit is making me angry now. Everybody's absolved of making an error - overhit a shot or a pass? Misjudged the flight? IT WAS THE BALL! There was no way he should have let that shot in, regardless of whether it was with a Jabulani, a Shoot 5 or a pumpkin. He fucked up. That said, I don't think he shouldn be dropped on that one error alone, and I trust Capello's judgement in the matter.
[/post]

There aren't any links in it. Other links on that page of the thread are to Raccoon's flag (displaying perfectly) and James has an rte.ie link - all pretty kosher.

Maybe you just need to be prepubescent to bump threads :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Oh shit yeah I could have just checked out the page of the particular post, like Lesley.
Stupidly I forgot my auto paginator thing was on so proceeded to check out all 6 pages for you, and my report is much the same - links to various video and news sites, and pictures of raccoons.
No issue in Firefox and don't care about you enough to go and load it up on Chrome, can't you get a more specific error message then?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.c4countdown.co.uk contains content from www.hondurasalmundial.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?
We have already notified www.hondurasalmundial.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.hondurasalmundial.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Clicked on your link in Firefox, indeed I got:

Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.hondurasalmundial.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Either Google is picking up something Firefox isn't or the infection is not really with C4C but something in your browser? Dunno.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

I've found the beastie: it's this picture of Domenech from Kai

:!: Don't follow the link just in case :!:
http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic. ... as*#p87068

Could Jon / Charlie please delete the link - the picture no longer works anyway (probably cos they're infected - who says women aren't technical?!).

Edit: pm'd them as what knows so they can do good stuff forthwith.
Last edited by Lesley Hines on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

They don't call you Lesley Holmes for nothing.

Firefox does its usual "Image" textual placeholder. Obviously much better than Chrome mwu haha.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Matt Morrison wrote:Lesley Holmes
:lol: :lol:
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Edited it out.. maybe it will be fine now?
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

I've tried this in Chrome now and I'm not getting any bother; I'm assuming people will holler if they are! Thanks for doing that so fast :)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Yeah, it seems to be fine now. I take it Kai has been permabanned for trying to infect everyone?