Spoilers For Thursday September 8th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Thursday September 8th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, after that tense nailbiter yesterday, Carl is back for some more action.

But I'm sure he'll want to get it done as smoothly as possible, rather than go through that amount of torture that he got yesterday. Will it be a hattrick today :?:

Find out when the Robinson Recap returns for its Thursday Edition later. ;) :) :D
John Brackstone
Rookie

Re: Spoilers For Thursday September 8th 2011

Post by John Brackstone »

is indorser allowed ?
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

Yes according to lexplorer.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

John Brackstone wrote:is indorser allowed ?
Yup, last seen on Edward's quarter-final, if I remember correctly. :geek:

But I'm more than happy with my 2ND MAX GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!! :D :mrgreen: 8-) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

HOARSEN in round 6, PAEONIC in round 8, TENSORIAL in round 12 and MIDGUT in round 13.

Thank goodness I wasn't there playing though as both contestants would've been on 0 after 8 rounds if I played either of them........... :roll:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

116-43 eh? Betcha probably thinking you needn't have made such a horrible fudge of blatantly copying Beth's declaration in the first numbers round eh, Carl? Ugh. God I'd give him such a pummelling for that if I ever met him.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Jon Corby wrote:116-43 eh? Betcha probably thinking you needn't have made such a horrible fudge of blatantly copying Beth's declaration in the first numbers round eh, Carl? Ugh. God I'd give him such a pummelling for that if I ever met him.
I thought it was strange that he didn't declare it "not written down" when it was obviously a last-second solution (another second and he'd have realised he could have added the 8 for two away). Or perhaps they both hadn't written it down and they re-shot it?

That didn't strike me as suspicious, anyway. Could have just been a last-second spot and a flash of eight-blindness.

I did think there might have been a bit of raspillage (sorry James!) going on with his "um.... THWARTING?" conundrum yesterday though. Or am I reading too much into it?
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

In one of my shows, I had a last second spot, and said "Eight" without saying "not written down," simply because it was very last second and I forgot. I got away with it because the opponent only had a seven. So it's easily done.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Eh, he blatantly had fuck all. If Beth had declared something like 906, for example, he'd have got nothing. It's not that he was just spotting the 900 late, it was only her declaring such a nice round number that made him think "yeah, I could probably get to that" and he then realised how easy it was.

(And yeah, he didn't look like he was buzzing in with the answer yesterday either.)
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Just watched it properly. I agree with you. The cheeky bugger.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Also, if you pick six small, and you can't get that target with those numbers in the 90 seconds or whatever that he took....you prolly shouldn't pick six small.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Just dawned on me that if he'd got that conundrum, he'd've tied with me for highest score of the year. Had he done that, I'd've joined in with the beats.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Mark Deeks wrote:Also, if you pick six small, and you can't get that target with those numbers in the 90 seconds or whatever that he took....you prolly shouldn't pick six small.
He did do an awesome 6-small in his first show tbf, everybody misses stuff, and it's easy to get flustered under the lights and that, so I wouldn't really agree. But just say "yeah, I lost that one". It's SOO blatant I can't believe that people do it with cameras on them. I can only hope they must cringe like mad watching it back. I was hoping Jeff would step in and stop him it was that bad.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Mark Deeks wrote: I'd've joined in with the beats.
Like I'd need your help to take down that pussy.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Mark Deeks wrote: I'd've joined in with the beats.
Like I'd need your help to take down that pussy.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Yeah I don't mean to sound obnoxious because I suck at six small. But if there's a 10 there, and it ends in a 0....well, shit. There's your starting point.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Graeme Cole wrote:
I did think there might have been a bit of raspillage (sorry James!) going on with his "um.... THWARTING?" conundrum yesterday though. Or am I reading too much into it?
Unfortunately Graeme you're not.

When I saw Wednesday's show I was pretty sure he buzzed on the very last second hoping to wing it - which he just about did. Had I been in his position I'd probably have tried it; had I been his oppo I'd have been furious and certainly complained. So I suppose you have to say referee's decision is final, but in my view Jeff was too slow off the mark in stepping in.

Having seen yesterday's I'm even more sure; that numbers call was blatant, and should have been stopped. But it was the previous day's that was crucial - yesterday it made no difference to the result. But if he continues to get lucky he may do well enough to get seeded, which would be a travesty (and probably bring him to the attention of Constable Croy....)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Just watched it, was going to skip the episode but had to have a peek after the mini furore. Definite numbers bodge.
Not much more to add, only posting as I'd like to see Corby give the guy the aforepromised pummelling. I reckon Corby's a fucking beast when enraged by Countdown-based injustice.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:only posting as I'd like to see Corby give the guy the aforepromised pummelling. I reckon Corby's a fucking beast when enraged by Countdown-based injustice.
I can picture him now, running back home afterwards and curling up on his bedroom floor, snivelling out a mix of snot and blood onto his carpet while he clings onto his "Powerlifting National Champion" trophies in a pathetic attempt to convince himself of some kind of self-worth.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

You know what? I don't mean this disrespectfully or anything, but I think he could take you. You have raw unkempt emotion on your side, but he's got some guns. Mmmmmm. Guns. Yummy.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Mark Deeks wrote:You know what? I don't mean this disrespectfully or anything, but I think he could take you. You have raw unkempt emotion on your side, but he's got some guns. Mmmmmm. Guns. Yummy.
I wouldn't be so sure. He used to be some kind of powerlifting champion, granted. However, given his propensity for cheating his tits off on Countdown, it's reasonable to assume he was simply bulked up on anabolic steroids. The fact that he managed to hold himself together to take part on Countdown for 45 minutes at a time without beating the shit out of Susie/Rachel/Gloria suggests he's off them these days. I can take him, I'm telling you.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

btw, if his name suddenly appears on the CO:LON list, I can't make it anymore due to family commitments.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

If he's got residual roid rage going on, though, you don't even have the emotional advantage. See, you do need my help after all.
Eoin Monaghan wrote: