Round Britain Quiz

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Edwin Mead
Rookie

Round Britain Quiz

Post by Edwin Mead »

I've just been listening to this on Radio 4, and thought it might interest some of you here if you haven't heard of it before. It's a cryptic quiz, and the questions are printed on the website so you can read them whilst you listen. I find it very tricky, but I still enjoy the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007qxpr
Mark James
Kiloposter

Re: Round Britain Quiz

Post by Mark James »

Edwin Mead wrote:I've just been listening to this on Radio 4, and thought it might interest some of you here if you haven't heard of it before. It's a cryptic quiz, and the questions are printed on the website so you can read them whilst you listen. I find it very tricky, but I still enjoy the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007qxpr
Cheers Edwin. Enjoyed those. Very tricky but managed to get the gist of some of them. Wouldn't get the full six points very often though.
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

I had a few questions accepted for RBQ (some years ago). I never heard them on air but friends said they had. Here is one i sent:

Question –
How can animal fat with some electrical current added give you a brilliant footballer who, when a Member of Parliament is replaced by the Big Apple, leaves you with enough rope to hang yourself.?

Answer -
lard (put in amp ) lampard (replace MP with Big apple) lanyard
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

I thought of a question for the show. Just thought I'd post it here to see what people think.

How would a meeting of David Ike followers, 54, a lost continent and a gangster rapper in the top left corner, tell you who's playing.

Answer is hidden below:
They are abbreviations of football teams that you see in the top left corner of the tv screen.
A meeting of David Ike followers = AV (alternative view) = Aston Villa
54 in Roman numerals = LIV = Liverpool
A lost Continent = MU = Manchester United
A gangster rapper = MC = Manchester City
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Mark James wrote:I thought of a question for the show. Just thought I'd post it here to see what people think.

How would a meeting of David Ike [sic] followers, 54, a lost continent and a gangster rapper in the top left corner, tell you who's playing.
Hmm. I wouldn't have got it anyway, but it didn't help that until I'd read the answer I misparsed the question as:
How would a meeting of:
  • David Icke followers;
  • 54;
  • a lost continent; and
  • a gangster rapper in the top left corner
tell you who's playing.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Gangster rapper is a good bit too specific for MC - an MC to my mind is just as likely to introduce the bingo at Butlin's!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

The Round Britain Quiz is back on today at 3pm! Woo! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007qxpr
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Back next week.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

A question submitted by me will feature on next week's episode (7th October @ 3pm). And last week a question was submitted by a Dave Taylor which I am pretty confident was Countdown's Dave Taylor.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Ryan Taylor wrote:A question submitted by me will feature on next week's episode (7th October @ 3pm).
While I have nothing insightful to contribute, this is sufficiently awesome that it warrants some kind of comment, so here you go.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

The question submitted by Tony Atkins from Berkshire on last week's show was not from me, in case you were wondering.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Tony Atkins wrote:The question submitted by Tony Atkins from Berkshire on last week's show was not from me, in case you were wondering.
Ha, I was actually.