Alright, I'm back.

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Alright, I'm back.

Post by Matt Morrison »

What did I miss? It seems like they cancelled Countdown while we were away, which is very touching and all but I was hoping I'd have a whole apterite octorun to watch so that's a bit gay.
How has the forum been? Any choice topics slash flouncers slash arguments? Please tell me Jason has been posting.

We had a great time. As far as Countdown words we saw a few but I think I forgot to photo most of them. In other word news, there are tons of hilariously worded signs as you'd imagine.
And also it's pretty crazy when you start a game of Travel Scrabble at a railway station during a train delay and end up with a crowd of about 20 people watching.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Alright, I'm back.

Post by Matt Morrison »

Also, I was very mature and resisted the urge to get to Wi-Fi spots or cyber cafes in order to retain my 100% ostracon record. I feel as free as a daisy.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Also it turns out lookalikes are much harder to spot but we did see two Charlie Reamses (both Western sadly), an Indian Matt Bayfield and an Indian Jono.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Oh I also need to know if people (Jon Corby) still think that Mark Deeks is fucking cool. I don't wanna roll straight back into it to find that's so last month and everyone has moved on.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Sorry - who are you?
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Have you been away then?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Did you visit Calcutt.? Did you bump into Ryan?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

C4C has been basically the same, except worse, because you weren't here <3
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Charlie Reams wrote:C4C has been basically the same, except worse, because you weren't here <3
Same with England and you. <3
We're in Cambridge this weekend and we keep talking about you hoping you've returned due to a family tragedy or something but forum appears to suggest you're still in Gaymerica. :(
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:hoping you've returned due to a family tragedy
Haha thanks bro.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Turned up at CoNot expecting some action, but you weren't there so I had to touch myself while playing young Hursty instead.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Volante wrote:Turned up at CoNot expecting some action, but you weren't there so I had to touch myself while playing young Hursty instead.
You don't even know how annoyed Heather was when I said (just before we left) that you had announced you were going to go to CoNot.
She has a real thing for your cheekbones for some reason. Probably best for me that we didn't turn up. Don't come to CoLon please.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:Turned up at CoNot expecting some action, but you weren't there so I had to touch myself while playing young Hursty instead.
You don't even know how annoyed Heather was when I said (just before we left) that you had announced you were going to go to CoNot.
She has a real thing for your cheekbones for some reason. Probably best for me that we didn't turn up. Don't come to CoLon please.
He has a thing for his own cheekbones.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
He has a thing for his own cheekbones.
Well spotted :)

I was given the nickname by an old colleague, and given that it's probably the first nickname I've ever had that's not offensive, I made use of it...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Matt wrote:
Also it turns out lookalikes are much harder to spot but we did see two Charlie Reamses (both Western sadly), an Indian Matt Bayfield and an Indian Jono.
Ha, even low-grade occupations like being Matt Bayfield have now been outsourced to India. Genius.

And glad you both enjoyed the jaunt!