Spoilers For Referendum Day (May 5th) 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Referendum Day (May 5th) 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, while the majority of us have (hopefully) voted (yes) in the referendum, maybe I could distract you with the alternative option of today's game of Countdown.

We have another new champion, and a woman too, Jennifer Strachan, only the 4th woman this year to win on the show. Can she make a late burst for the finals :?:

Join me later to see if she'll be first past the post. ;) :) :D
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers For Referendum Day (May 5th) 2011

Post by Tony Atkins »

Unlike the last 6 shows I was not in the audience for this show (recorded 7pm on 13th April),
so I am excited to see what it looks like....
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:Unlike the last 6 shows I was not in the audience for this show (recorded 7pm on 13th April), so I am excited to see what it looks like....
Yes, and who this friend of Roger's is too that you have mentioned in the past.....
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

James Robinson wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:Unlike the last 6 shows I was not in the audience for this show (recorded 7pm on 13th April), so I am excited to see what it looks like....
Yes, and who this friend of Roger's is too that you have mentioned in the past.....
OK I admit it - it is me!

Sorry I got off to a ropey start. Geoff actually said where I live wrong (Ear-ley should be Earl-ey)
but a clever sound edit has removed that from the show - though it did put me off for a while.
I promise to do better....
CO-MSO every August
John Brackstone
Rookie

Post by John Brackstone »

Medulla for a dc beater
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Jennifer was thrown a bit by the captioner/RECAPTION round. Not sure why I stuck on PROTEIN
when there were CREATION/REACTION for easy 8s.
CO-MSO every August
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Sad to see Jennifer go (just knew she was going to say "captioner" when she declared 9) but undoubtedly the better player won. Very well played Tony.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Innis Carson wrote:Sad to see Jennifer go (just knew she was going to say "captioner" when she declared 9) but undoubtedly the better player won. Very well played Tony.
But am I better than Roger Edwards? Only time will tell (or a large bribe).
CO-MSO every August
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I think it is quite unusual to only see 1 of the big 4 letters in a show. Maybe they were
fed up of people saying "and a better consonant please Rachel"? The max was at least 145 so my
95 looks a bit pathetic really.
Last edited by Tony Atkins on Thu May 05, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CO-MSO every August
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Tony Atkins wrote:I think it is quite unusual not to only see 1 of the big 4 letters in a show. Maybe they were
fed up of people saying "and a better consonant please Rachel"? The max was at least 144 so my
95 looks a bit pathetic really.
95 characters per line looks a bit pathetic really. You can fit at least 144.
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Must say after all that build-up I was expecting at least a max game and and announcement that Tony had copped off with Rachel. Bet Adam and Ed are pissing themselves in case he gets seeded.

My wife, totally out of the blue (without knowing anything that has been drip-fed to us on here by today's contestant over the last fortnight) came up with "This guy reminds me of that chess official who was on a few days ago." Well, she didn't actually say "guy" - it was a little longer and less complimentary. She would also like to know if it's a toupee. Very direct, my wife. I didn't like to break it to her that Tony has already dropped loud hints about someone in the last 16 heats doing well enough to be in the seedings or that he let us know he has to be in Manchester next week for some undisclosed reason.

Thought Jennifer was very unlucky not to get much closer - effectively a 25-point turn round on the recaption/captioner round.
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Very well done Tony, a deserved win. :D
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:But am I better than Roger Edwards? Only time will tell (or a large bribe).
In terms of playing skill, no contest. You every day. :D

SPINSTER as a DC equaller in round 3.

Slightly embarrassed myself by missing DRAMATISE, but only missed that and MEDULLA, so a pretty good day for me, bar those. 8-)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Today will go down as the day I fell in love with Keith Bennett.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Keith Bennett wrote:Must say after all that build-up I was expecting at least a max game and and announcement that Tony had copped off with Rachel. Bet Adam and Ed are pissing themselves in case he gets seeded.

My wife, totally out of the blue (without knowing anything that has been drip-fed to us on here by today's contestant over the last fortnight) came up with "This guy reminds me of that chess official who was on a few days ago." Well, she didn't actually say "guy" - it was a little longer and less complimentary. She would also like to know if it's a toupee. Very direct, my wife. I didn't like to break it to her that Tony has already dropped loud hints about someone in the last 16 heats doing well enough to be in the seedings or that he let us know he has to be in Manchester next week for some undisclosed reason.

Thought Jennifer was very unlucky not to get much closer - effectively a 25-point turn round on the recaption/captioner round.
Fucking. Magical.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Keith Bennett wrote:Must say after all that build-up I was expecting at least a max game and and announcement that Tony had copped off with Rachel. Bet Adam and Ed are pissing themselves in case he gets seeded.

You know how no one really took the Beastie Boys seriously as artists and then they did Paul's Boutique? This post is like that.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

For a second there I thought Damian was back, but sadly not.