Your best apterous word to date?

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Your best apterous word to date?

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote: So was this just coincidence do you think, or when someone checks if something is available, are there people out there tracking what's been checked?
Theoretically domain name retailers are not allowed to monitor what people search for and then buy it up, but it seems an astonishing coincidence that [obscure word].net had never been registered before and then gets registered in the same week that I searched for it.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote: So was this just coincidence do you think, or when someone checks if something is available, are there people out there tracking what's been checked?
Theoretically domain name retailers are not allowed to monitor what people search for and then buy it up, but it seems an astonishing coincidence that [obscure word].net had never been registered before and then gets registered in the same week that I searched for it.
I thought you weren't allowed brackets in domain names?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
I thought you weren't allowed brackets in domain names?
They're fine as long as they're square.
James Nguyen
Rookie

Post by James Nguyen »

LOQUITURS and DIALYSATE in a normal game probably.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS was my best until I learnt (really!) FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...