Grand Final Spoilers For Friday December 17th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Grand Final Spoilers For Friday December 17th 2010

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Excellent game and excellent performance over the whole series by both players.

By the way, what did Eoin declare in the ORGASMED round? I don't think the recap is up yet, and I couldn't catch it.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Gavin Chipper wrote:By the way, what did Eoin declare in the ORGASMED round? I don't think the recap is up yet, and I couldn't catch it.
There's a bit of a clue here: http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5178

But, if you can't be arsed to look, it was RADOMES.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

James Robinson wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:By the way, what did Eoin declare in the ORGASMED round? I don't think the recap is up yet, and I couldn't catch it.
There's a bit of a clue here: http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5178

But, if you can't be arsed to look, it was RADOMES.
No - I just didn't think to look there. I'm not the expert you are but I assumed that the wiki recap and the one on the forum were somehow linked. I didn't realise two people recapped each game. :?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

JackHurst wrote:I think you are one of the best ever players, and would have been a strong contender to win any series, infact I'd say you would have been the outright favourite in all series apart from 54, 60 and 61
I think I might add 48 and 57.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote: No - I just didn't think to look there. I'm not the expert you are but I assumed that the wiki recap and the one on the forum were somehow linked. I didn't realise two people recapped each game. :?
A wiki version is generated automatically when the forum one is, but I think if the forum one doesn't show up after a few games then James tends to fill it in.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
JackHurst wrote:I think you are one of the best ever players, and would have been a strong contender to win any series, infact I'd say you would have been the outright favourite in all series apart from 54, 60 and 61
I think I might add 48 and 57.
Yes, my bad. Was only thinking of the top apterous players and their series when I wrote that part of the post.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Quality stuff. Not much to say as so late to get to see it. Glad it was an almost-competitive final still, even though Jack was nigh-on unbeatable.

And shame on you all for not commenting on Andy Wilson's lovely story about watching the episode. That was the most heart-warming thing about the whole affair other than the (aforementioned by Charlie) lovely looks between Eoin and Jack mid-round 14.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

The local Cambridge paper finally gives Jack a mention.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Ma ... ntdown.htm

Interesting how they say he solved the final conundrum in a "lightning-quick 3 seconds". :lol:

It was a quarter of a second :!:
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

James Robinson wrote:The local Cambridge paper finally gives Jack a mention.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Ma ... ntdown.htm

Interesting how they say he solved the final conundrum in a "lightning-quick 3 seconds". :lol:

It was a quarter of a second :!:
Yeah I saw that in another article. They clearly just copy and pasted. I don't think I am even in the Leicester mercury today, there must have been minor act of vandalism somewhere which it was more important to report on.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Openbook is great today by the way if you wanna check it out just search "Countdown". The usual stuff about Rachel being hot etc. but some people who genuinely love Countdown and support either Jack or Eoin.
I just tried this and found someone (Imogen Elsdon) who constantly posts status updates about her son (who is named after a geological feature).

Imogen Elsdon... Wonders if river keeps watching countdown if he'll be as good as jack (current contestant) in a couple of years??
09 December at 15:33

Imogen Elsdon... River likes countdown. Or should i say river likes rachel the numbers girl on countdown...
08 December at 16:31

Looks like we could have the youngest contestant and the youngest member of the Rachel Riley fan club (River is a toddler).
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Charlie Reams wrote:A wiki version is generated automatically when the forum one is, but I think if the forum one doesn't show up after a few games then James tends to fill it in.
I think you're confusing the words "games" and "seconds" there, Charlie. :)