Do you think the subject section should have more

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Do you think the subject section should have more

Post by Marc Meakin »

Characters.
I wanted to ask the question: Do you think it is wrong for your partner to issue you an ultimatum its me or the....................IN MY CASE ITS NON PAYING LODGERS
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
George F. Jenkins
Rookie

Re: Do you think the subject section should have more

Post by George F. Jenkins »

Marc Meakin wrote:Characters.
I wanted to ask the question: Do you think it is wrong for your partner to issue you an ultimatum its me or the....................IN MY CASE ITS NON PAYING LODGERS
If I can quote old fashioned words like love and respect for your partner, you should respect her feelings and send your parasitic spongers away. If you have no respect for your partner, she has my sympathy, and she should dump you with the rest of the losers.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Marc Meakin wrote:Characters.
Why do you have non-paying lodgers? Are you a charity? If they can't afford their rent they either need to claim the correct benefits or manage their money better; either way it's not your problem unless they're actually your children. If you are a charity can I please send some of the down-and-outs I know to sponge off you too?

Yes I think it's wrong to be issuing ultimatums. If you can't agree then maybe you should go your separate ways but ultimatums are too controlling. You've not been going out that long and it's not like you live together. However, she might have a point that they ought not be sponging off you. What's her motive anyway? Not wanting to see you being taken advantage of (that's not her decision it's yours) / you can't afford to take her out (then who's sponging? what happened to equality) / lack of privacy (that's a communication issue) / overly controlling (that's her problem not yours).

See what I mean?

Oh, and stay calm ;)
Lowering the averages since 2009
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Dammit I feel like Oprah.

Tell the ho' to get the firk out if that's the way she wants it bee-yatch.

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Thanks guy's for your input.
i am a soft touch (bit of a dichotomy going on there, soft touch issuing death threats lol)
2 days before we went to Chicago I got the ultimatum from Sue that either they go or we were through.
I got rid but i left the door open for them to return whilst i was away in order to have more time to move their shit.
Plus she (they are a couple had just had a 'miscarriage' but because the hospital sent her home without giving her a D and C Sue reckons she was faking.
Anyway WE ARE BACK AND THEY ARE STILL HERE SO THE UPSHOT OF IT IS EITHER THEY are gone by the 17th or we split up.
So any tips on getting rid of lodgers (without death threats lol) will be much appreciated.
Still my personal life is so much more interesting than that sanctum huh!!
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

When I was working I must have gone on dozens of courses, most of them useless, but I did pick up one piece of advice that I always found useful.

In tricky situations people tend to go to one of two unproductive ways - aggressive or submissive. You appear to manage to be both. What you need to be is assertive. Tell your lodgers calmly that they have one week to be gone, and stick to it. No threats, no wavering, just stick to it. You might also re-think your approach to your girlfriend while you're at it.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

David Williams wrote:When I was working I must have gone on dozens of courses, most of them useless, but I did pick up one piece of advice that I always found useful.

In tricky situations people tend to go to one of two unproductive ways - aggressive or submissive. You appear to manage to be both. What you need to be is assertive. Tell your lodgers calmly that they have one week to be gone, and stick to it. No threats, no wavering, just stick to it. You might also re-think your approach to your girlfriend while you're at it.
Thanks David......thems wise words.
I adopting a different approach to my girlfriend.
If she dsumps me she will regret it (no I DON'T MEAN DEATH THREATS LOL) i MEAN i am a pretty decent bloke who worships her and has taken her to America when she hadn't flown before and got her a mobility scooter etc (don't want to equate love with gifts but you get my drift) and i am sympathetic to her disability (you try wheeling two 50lb suitcases and 3 carry on bags through central london lol).
I am also gonna stay calm and wait for her to come to me.
As Gordon Sumner once said, if you love someone, set them free. If they come back then they are are yours. If they don't then they never was.