Spoilers For Monday November 22nd 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday November 22nd 2010

Post by James Robinson »

Well, as the Sanctum saga hopefully reaches its climax, let's enjoy these last 4 weeks of Countdown 2010.

After a mediocre (by recent standards) Series 62, Series 63 has burst into life with amazing displays by some brilliant Apterites, and with the finals now just 2 and a half weeks away, the finals line-up is starting to take shape, hopefully with some exciting matches to round off the year.

Obviously, it won't be fully confirmed until possibly the very last game of the series, but we do have 6 octochamps (who are already guaranteed their places) and 2 7-timers, so our final octet will have played 64 games between them, come what may.

But, can someone spoil the party for one or maybe even both of our 7-timers :?: The fans' favourite, Peter Godwin is currently the #8 seed, so is in the most danger at the moment.

Our current champion is still Niall, who is now a half-octochamp, after his win on Friday. Could he possibly depose Peter of his finals place :?:

Back in DC this week, after impressing quite a lot of people on here during his first stint back in July is the Italian chef and reigning "King Of The Jungle", Gino D'Acampo.

Ryan will be recapping for us all later. ;) :) :D
John Brackstone
Rookie

Re: Spoilers For Monday November 22nd 2010

Post by John Brackstone »

antipode for 8
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Did anyone else think the challenger looked incredibly like Alec?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

Shorter ways for numbers:
(75-8/8)x7=518
(100-1)x(4+3)=693
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

The challenger was at my audition, he got some really cool words, spoke to him at the coach station too, hope he does well...
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Sad he didn't get through but well played Niall. High quality game today. Stuart got a really cool word in my audition that I probably can't repeat in case they're still using the same scrambles, but yeah, some good play today.