I'm home!

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

I'm home!

Post by Jason Larsen »

Hello!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am back home after being away for 2 months.

To make a long story short, for those of you who don't know, I was hit by a bus and broke my thigh. The turning point in my recovery was when I was admitted to the Inpatient Rehab Unit of the same hospital I was born in, University Hospital in Seattle. Their rehab program insists that every patient has 3 hours of therapy every day except Sunday. My therapists worked me very hard, and I ended up working hard enough to be discharged on my projected date. I also took advantage of almost every opportunity I had to exercise. That also helped a lot.

My life at home will know be pretty much the same with a few differences. I will be both taking laxatives and having home health therapy. I think both of those things will help me a great deal.

I would like to thank everyone for being so supportive in this time. I was also tickled when Kerry Alcock created the comic for me in her comic thread. Kerry, thank you too for thinking of me when you wrote it. I greatly appreciate it, and it was very sweet of you.

I promise to post on this forum and be on Apterous as often as I can starting now.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Re: I'm home!

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

That's great news Jason! Glad to see you're recover(ed/ing)! :)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Great news Jason, see you around.
tricia Lockhart

Post by tricia Lockhart »

Sorry to hear of your last two months but glad you are home and hope things go from strength to strength.
Tricia
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Wasn't this two years ago? But anyway I hope you've achieved a full recovery in that time, Jason!