Touchpad cursor lags - help!

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Kirk Bevins
God

Touchpad cursor lags - help!

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Since a few weeks back my touchpad cursor has been giving me grief. Firstly it's hard to move it across the screen - it judders and is really difficult to move. Scrolling slightly up to click something is a nightmare. Next, it clicks randomly so if I'm typing here it'll click randomly and thus either, depending on where the mouse is, click onto another window or click inside a sentence, so if I wanted to write "I love Jon Corby" it might turn out "I lovJon Corbye". It's really doing my head in. I've trawled through forums - some suggest it could be windows updates problems so I've deleted a few of them and stopped windows updating my computer (not recommended) and it got better but the problems still exist. Do I have to reinstall Windows and if so, how? Any computer geeks any ideas?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: Touchpad cursor lags - help!

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Get your favourite dart and grind the dirt from the edges if it is one of those ones that's inset in the laptop.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Kirk Bevins wrote:so if I wanted to write "I love Jon Corby"...
Why on earth would you want to write that?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:so if I wanted to write "I love Jon Corby"...
Why on earth would you want to write that?
Because he always gets too shy on the phone to say it.
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

Slightly off-topic, but I've had a problem in Excel lately, where all the Paste Options have disappeared except Text only. So you can't copy formulas. Google came up with a few people with the same problem, but all the 'solutions' not actually understanding what was wrong, until I chanced on one that said it was a bug in Skype Click-to-Call - and it was! Weird.