A load of old tats

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

A load of old tats

Post by Charlie Reams »

Do any of you nerds have a tattoo or other interesting body mod? If so, pix plz.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Re: A load of old tats

Post by Adam Gillard »

Charlie Reams wrote:a tattoo or other interesting body mod
Tattoos or other "interesting body mod[s]" make me feel Image
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Just piercings. Stretched ears and two pierced nipples though only one remains so.
Heather has a tattoo on each arm at the top.
Makepeace has a cool tattoo of a Mogwai symbol.

That's a start.

By means of illustration of nipple, an old pic you've all seen. Chest hair, does that count as body modification?

Are you thinking of getting something done Charlie?
"CALI RULZ OK?" ??
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Tattoos/piercings = acceptable face of self-harm. But you know, each to their own. Doesn't bother me.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

I used to be keen to get a tattoo but I've gone off them now. Especially on women. A lot of the girls on beabestation and the like have ruined themselves with nasty looking tattoos. Small ones on your arm are fine but not ones all over your back. And I'd definitely steer clear of writing of any kind, particularly entire paragraphs. What's that about.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

lol Babestation. Haven't watched that since I was 12.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

I quite like a tattooed lady. She doesn't seem to notice me though.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Jimmy Gough wrote:lol Babestation. Haven't watched that since I was 12.
It was a challenge to find tits on telly when I was 12. Obviously it can't be fun any more.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am Just piercings. Stretched ears and two pierced nipples though only one remains so.
Heather has a tattoo on each arm at the top.
Makepeace has a cool tattoo of a Mogwai symbol.

That's a start.

By means of illustration of nipple, an old pic you've all seen. Chest hair, does that count as body modification?

Are you thinking of getting something done Charlie?
"CALI RULZ OK?" ??

Why do you comb your breast hair to one side?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

So there has been enough time passed to ressurect this.
My main interest is whether it is more common than Gevin thinks.
Although this forum may not be the place to start
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I'd like a tattoo but don't think there's anything worthwhile enough to justify the lifelong commitment.
Open to suggestions though.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:10 pm I'd like a tattoo but don't think there's anything worthwhile enough to justify the lifelong commitment.
Open to suggestions though.
This seems back to front. I can more understand someone saying "I think this would look good on me but I'm not sure I want to be scarred for life." But you're saying "I definitely want to be scarred for life. That's a given. Now I just need to find the way of doing it where I look least like a cunt."
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:05 pmBut you're saying "I definitely want to be scarred for life. That's a given. Now I just need to find the way of doing it where I look least like a cunt."
That's right, yes.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

I'm in two minds about tattoos. Some of them can look absolutely amazing and I'd describe them as genuine works of art. One of my friends has some sort of Lovecraftian monster that winds around his torso, really detailed and colourful (took weeks to do, I remember him getting it) and it does look incredible. But the problem is that most tattoos that you see day to day are just shit. For some reason loads of blokes around where I live have these massive celtic symbols (or runes or whatever the fuck they're supposed to be) on their calves, always in black. No idea what that's all about, maybe it's a secret sex code or something, I don't really want to investigate further to be honest.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am Just piercings. Stretched ears and two pierced nipples
There was a guy on Masterchef yesterday with massively stretched ear piercings (like, both earlobes were just big holes with what looked like black plastic rings to keep the holes open) and I'd be terrified that something could get caught in one of the holes and rip through the rest of the earlobe. I know this doesn't happen very often, but it does happen and it's horrible to see.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JimBentley wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm
Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am Just piercings. Stretched ears and two pierced nipples
There was a guy on Masterchef yesterday with massively stretched ear piercings (like, both earlobes were just big holes with what looked like black plastic rings to keep the holes open) and I'd be terrified that something could get caught in one of the holes and rip through the rest of the earlobe. I know this doesn't happen very often, but it does happen and it's horrible to see.
Yeah I suppose it does happen, though I don't think I've ever heard a specific story (nor do I want to Google). More often I've seen the rips come from people pushing it to far, skin getting too stretched and thin and it just gives up. One guy at a Reading Festival long ago had re-pierced the two halves of his ear back together.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:24 pm
JimBentley wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm
Yeah I suppose it does happen, though I don't think I've ever heard a specific story (nor do I want to Google).
You're probably wise. The amount of blood that can come out of an earlobe is amazing, it defies belief.

Speaking of blood, I occasionally end up covered in it because I've done myself some injury and not noticed until I see that there's blood all over the place. Never anything serious, obviously, usually my fingers, which bleed like crazy from the slightest thing, even paper cuts. I think I have a combination of poor tactile feedback and a good circulation.