Mrs.

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Mrs.

Post by Matt Morrison »

Well - who? from the forum and apterous and that.

Ben Hunter for me. Followed by DoD. I miss Ben a little bit more cos I get the feeling he's doing really cool stuff and doesn't miss any of us.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Mrs.

Post by Michael Wallace »

I thought this thread was going to be you announcing that you were getting married. Or having a sex change, one of the two.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:I thought this thread was going to be you announcing that you were getting married. Or having a sex change, one of the two.
I only realised my own excellent joke as I was posting it. If I ever do anything mental like marriage I'll find a way cooler way to announce it to everyone. Getting Charlie to rig the duel selections to read out a message, for example.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote:Well - who? from the forum and apterous and that.

Ben Hunter for me. Followed by DoD. I miss Ben a little bit more cos I get the feeling he's doing really cool stuff and doesn't miss any of us.
Could you explain a little less cryptically what this thread is about? Are you saying Ben has left c4c?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

i miss K C and D H and S S . I would only miss DoD if he was a moving target lol!
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Could you explain a little less cryptically what this thread is about? Are you saying Ben has left c4c?
People what never post any more. You'd have been on it if I started it x months ago.
I text Ben yesterday and he has got himself one of those age-old Internet participation killers, a girlfriend.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

It occasionally occurs to me that someone or other who used to be a regular here has just disappeared without any explanation. (I'm not suggesting that they're under any sort of moral obligation to provide one, just that I'm curious as to what's happened to them.)

Kai just quietly stopped posting, getting on for a year ago. OK, he's 15 now, so I can probably imagine the sort of interesting activity that may be occupying his time to the exclusion of most others. But also, Howard Somerset hasn't posted for well over a year now. Has anyone seen or communicated with either of these two or know whether they're OK?

There are others too who popped into my head when I was thinking about writing this, who I've now temporarily forgotten.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ah yes, good work Phil. When I occasionally go on Twitter, Kai always seems to be posting something on there. Where's Howard though? Dinos?
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote:Dinos?
Dinos still posts occasionally (most recently in your Name our Child thread just over a week ago). People's posting rate slowing right down is one thing, but when people I like suddenly just stop altogether without comment I worry about them. I'm a worrier.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote:When I occasionally go on Twitter, Kai always seems to be posting something on there.
Really? I searched Twitter users for "Kai Laddiman" and got:
@kailaddiman hasn't tweeted yet.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Dinos?
Dinos still posts occasionally (most recently in your Name our Child thread just over a week ago). People's posting rate slowing right down is one thing, but when people I like suddenly just stop altogether without comment I worry about them. I'm a worrier.
Sorry - was just a shout out to Dinos as he was closest to Howard! Misunderstanding.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:When I occasionally go on Twitter, Kai always seems to be posting something on there.
Really? I searched Twitter users for "Kai Laddiman" and got:
@kailaddiman hasn't tweeted yet.
You're only 4,567 tweets out.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:@kailaddiman hasn't tweeted yet.
How annoying. What's the point of setting up one Twitter account using your actual name, then setting up another one under a pseudonym and only using that one? But anyway, looking through some of the tweets, it looks like Kai has indeed become a stereotypical teenager with a vengeance.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:@kailaddiman hasn't tweeted yet.
How annoying. What's the point of setting up one Twitter account using your actual name, then setting up another one under a pseudonym and only using that one?
Maybe Kai didn't set up the one with his real name? (And even if he did, his real twitter is the second hit on google...)
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Michael Wallace wrote:(And even if he did, his real twitter is the second hit on google...)
Rather depends on what you Google for - it isn't if you Google "Kai Laddiman" or "Kai Laddiman twitter".
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:(And even if he did, his real twitter is the second hit on google...)
Rather depends on what you Google for - it isn't if you Google "Kai Laddiman" or "Kai Laddiman twitter".
Name in quotes, "twitter" not in quotes puts it second.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Name in quotes, "twitter" not in quotes puts it second.
Nope, fourth for me - the same as without any quotes at all, which is what I tried originally.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Howard is fine as far as I know, he just decided to retire quietly from the "scene".