Worst day of the (working) week

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Worst day of a monday to friday plane?

Monday
21%
Tuesday
43%
Wednesday
29%
Thursday
7%
Friday
No votes

Total votes: 14

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Worst day of the (working) week

Post by Michael Wallace »

If you work a Monday-Friday 'standard' job (or school), what's the worst day of the week? Is it Monday because OMG MONDAYS, or maybe Friday because it draaaaags on. What about Wednesday, the hump?

I don't really have one, because I basically work ALL THE TIME (or at least, I don't have a Monday-Friday thing so it's kinda irrelevant). Although the last time I had a Proper Job I think Tuesdays were worst, because you don't have the 'novelty' of Monday, and the weekend is still So Far Away.

So, what's your least favourite day and whyyyyy?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: Worst day of the (working) week

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Michael Wallace wrote:I think Tuesdays were worst, because you don't have the 'novelty' of Monday, and the weekend is still so far away.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I voted Tuesday because that's what I imagine the worst day of a working week to be.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

They're equally shitty as far as I'm concerned which is why I stay away from that whole working lark these days. Work is a dirty four letter word ending in K.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Monday. PE. Bullied again from a group of motherfuckers. I'm actually slightly glad it's exam week and I got the easy ones on Monday :-)
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Michael Wallace wrote:Although the last time I had a Proper Job I think Tuesdays were worst, because you don't have the 'novelty' of Monday, and the weekend is still So Far Away.
This is ridiculous. Novelty? It's a bit like getting punched in the face really hard once and then mildly stubbing your toe four times and saying that the first toe-stubbing is the worst because the punch in the face is a novelty.

Also, there's a risk of jetlag on the Monday because you have to get up so much earlier than you did on Sunday.

(I voted for Monday.)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:Although the last time I had a Proper Job I think Tuesdays were worst, because you don't have the 'novelty' of Monday, and the weekend is still So Far Away.
This is ridiculous. Novelty? It's a bit like getting punched in the face really hard once and then mildly stubbing your toe four times and saying that the first toe-stubbing is the worst because the punch in the face is a novelty.

Also, there's a risk of jetlag on the Monday because you have to get up so much earlier than you did on Sunday.

(I voted for Monday.)
Monday you have something to talk about. Tuesday you don't.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:

(I voted for Monday.)
Monday you have something to talk about. Tuesday you don't.
I've always got stuff to talk about. I'm just interesting like that. You must be boring.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Friday is fine because you feel like if you can just Survive Til Five then it's all over and you can snooze for the weekend (and, in the only Proper Job I've ever had, Friday ended with the highlight of the week so that was cool). But on Thursday you're very nearly as tired but the finishing line is still out of sight. So Thursday is the worst. Clearly.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Tuesday and Thursday, for the reasons described above. Wednesday is only marginally better than those two. Monday is the second best because of the comradery and mutual understanding among colleagues. Friday because you're leathered by dinner time, at least you are at my job.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Ben Hunter wrote:Tuesday and Thursday, for the reasons described above. Wednesday is only marginally better than those two. Monday is the second best because of the comradery and mutual understanding among colleagues. Friday because you're leathered by dinner time, at least you are at my job.
What do you do Ben?
Andy McGurn
Enthusiast

Post by Andy McGurn »

For me, every working day sucks at the moment

i need to get a new job
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Thursday is usually pay-day, at least it is here in Ireland, so that should elevate it above Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Ben Hunter wrote:Friday because you're leathered by dinner time, at least you are at my job.
Have I got the right meaning of leathered? Looks like they are happy, anyway...

Anyway, I've got such a bizarre working week (evenings, weekends, chunks of teaching during weekdays) I certainly don't have a least favourite. Actually, I rather like the work I do.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I was thinking along those lines too ^^^ and considering last I heard from Ben was he was being a guinea pigfor medical research I thought starring in BDSM movies all "leathered" up would not be beyond him.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

I work seven days a week. More options please :D
Lowering the averages since 2009
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Ben Hunter wrote:Tuesday and Thursday, for the reasons described above. Wednesday is only marginally better than those two. Monday is the second best because of the comradery and mutual understanding among colleagues. Friday because you're leathered by dinner time, at least you are at my job.
What do you do Ben?
I work at a seedbank. The clinical trial days are thankfully behind me now.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Tuesdays, no doubt. Monday has the afterglow of a fun weekend, and every other day is approaching touching distance of a weekend and has an increasing likelihood of an evening doing something as well, so it just gets easier. Plus I often play footy on a Friday, and there's more fun stuff on the radio on Thursday and Friday (and some Mondays during the cricket season).
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Ben Hunter wrote:I work at a seedbank.
Do you make regular deposits?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I changed my vote to Wednesday.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Tuesday is like a finger through the toilet paper of life.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles