Marc's Musings

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Marc's Musings

Post by Charlie Reams »

As requested.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Marc's Musings

Post by Matt Morrison »

With no hint of sarcasm at all, I am really looking forward to hearing about the court case, Mac. (i like that typo)
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Has Marc Meakin also been banned from doing new topics? Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) :D :lol:
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Soph K wrote:Has Marc Meakin also been banned from doing new topics? Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) :D :lol:
oh thanks for answering my query for me Sophie.
What was the straw that broke the camels back.
Did you dare to criticize Charlie?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

He's obviously got something against dog avatars.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Got 2 tickets for QI this wednesday, going begging the first 2 people to pm me (subject to approval ie. not Corby). will get the tickets (or at least the link where to print them off) btw it is at Waterloo at 6.30 pm.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Court Case is due to start at The Old Bailey on Monday, and will last for two to three days.
I am being charged with Burglary (If it was plain theft I would have pleaded guilty at the Magistrates court as even though bike 'appeared' to be abandoned it was still taking without permission ergo theft).
I am reasonably confident I will get off as the prosecution will need to prove that I intended to deprive someone of their property for financial gain.
I was, if I wasn't restricted, going to do a poll to see who thought i would get off etc.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Went to a scrabble tournament on sunday and saw a countdowner Lee Graham (he played Nicky Sanders in one of the specials) . Everyone thought he was an actor off the telly.
He won his C division with 8 out of 9 wins
BTW I won B division with 7 wins (£70) first days earnings in three months lol
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Soph K wrote:Has Marc Meakin also been banned from doing new topics? Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) :D :lol:
I think you should team upwith with former wrestler turned (ahem) actor Dwayne Johnson.
Most people are into (the) Rock and Krol
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Library time nearly up so last post , til tomorrow.
Are we gonna get another consensus scrabble game in the near future.........and what about a podcast?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote: Did you dare to criticize Charlie?
This is a very clever and subtle piece of insinuation! I'm sure most people have forgotten that you were actually banned for starting approximately 14 million new topics about how you were going to kill us all. Now all those foolhardy folks will think I'm the supreme narcissist and you're the unfortunate little guy. Yep, this'll definitely work.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Marc Meakin wrote:Library time nearly up so last post , til tomorrow.
Are we gonna get another consensus scrabble game in the near future.........and what about a podcast?
There'll be a consensus game on the WESPA Page starting Saturday:

http://www.facebook.com/WorldScrabble

Feel free to join in.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Charlie Reams wrote:
This is a very clever and subtle piece of insinuation! I'm sure most people have forgotten that you were actually banned for starting approximately 14 million new topics about how you were going to kill us all. Now all those foolhardy folks will think I'm the supreme narcissist and you're the unfortunate little guy. Yep, this'll definitely work.
I was genuinely disappointed reading down this thread when I saw your avatar. I wondered how long Marc could go on for with back-to-back posts.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Charlie Reams wrote:
You're such a fucking bully.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

charlie i think a citation is needed with regards my POSTING death threts to ALL as i remember it all death threats were delivered via a PM. it was some of the recipients who published them. so this preventing of me posting seems a bit weak. having re read your comments i feel the lad(y) doth protest too much.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Marc Meakin wrote:
oh thanks for answering my query for me Sophie.
What was the straw that broke the camels back.
Did you dare to criticize Charlie?
No, one was banned for innate inanity, the other for incipient insanity.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote:charlie i think a citation is needed with regards my POSTING death threts to ALL as i remember it all death threats were delivered via a PM. it was some of the recipients who published them.
You're right, you do have the moral high ground after all.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

i wish i had such a selective memory like yours. have you considered a career in journaliism. do you not remember the shameful comments by 'your' sanctum (including character assassinations of a couple of countdown legends) and as i remember there was no condemnation or apology forthcoming. just the excuse it was private comments madn public rather like my PMs
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote:have you considered a career in journaliism.
I don't know what journaliism is. So no, I haven't considered it.

Now, shouldn't you be preparing for your imminent prosecution rather than arguing with the grown-ups? You're boring me now.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:have you considered a career in journaliism.
I don't know what journaliism is. So no, I haven't considered it.

Now, shouldn't you be preparing for your imminent prosecution rather than arguing with the grown-ups? You're boring me now.
Trust you to be so childish as to pick me up on my (many) typos in this post which was done by phone.
Not easy to post on my phone.
As for grown-ups ' dear kettle, yours sincerely pot'
Just be Grown up to admit you cannot take it when someone, misguided or otherwise, has to temeritry (if i spelt that wrong, tough) to criticise you.
You have the right to take the 'my ball my rules' attitude but at least have the decency to tell me that I can only post on here conditionally.
I have on numerous occassions apologised unreseverdly for my misdeeeds (typo left in)
I wonder If you have done the same to the many people (mainly women mind) that you have hounded off this forum.
People who live in glass houses, shouldnt wander about naked.
I await your reply with interest, unless you ban me first.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Just be Grown up to admit you cannot take it when someone, misguided or otherwise, has to temeritry (if i spelt that wrong, tough) to criticise you.
Well, I take it all the time so you're wrong about that. You weren't banned for your "temeritry", you were banned for sending death threats and generally making a mess of my forum.
You have the right to take the 'my ball my rules' attitude but at least have the decency to tell me that I can only post on here conditionally.
You can only post here conditionally. As I've said many times before.
Marc Meakin wrote:I wonder If you have done the same to the many people (mainly women mind) that you have hounded off this forum.
Nope, they were all idiots and I'm glad they left. Not sure what their gender has got to do with it though, you sexist dickhead.

Go to prison please, it'll be the best use of my tax money ever.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Marc Meakin wrote:just the excuse it was private comments madn public rather like my PMs
Haha, only you could think a PM discussing something/somebody privately is the same as a PM threatening the murder of the recipient.

Why can't I have the QI tickets?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

It's too late now but would I have been eligible for the QI tickets? For the second year in a row I didn't get any whatsoever.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

i yield to the Wildian wrt of mr reams the joke of cambridge. as for my observations being sexists well it was a redrence to your well publicised mysogeny. oh and john i excluded you in the ticket allocation because you are a cunt. oh and charlie surely this forum needs people like me to redress the balance to all the sycophants you have stroking your ego sorry matt i tried but charlie knows how to push my buttons.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Marc Meakin wrote: but charlie knows how to push my buttons.
Perhaps he can give you a lesson on how to use your phone then.

BURN 8-)
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Marc Meakin wrote:i yield to the Wildian wrt of mr reams the joke of cambridge.
The Cambridge Tab wrote:but Charlie Reams (was) inconsistent almost to the point of incoherency, and so I’m not afraid to say I cannot remember a single thing about (his) set. For veteran comics well known on the college comedy circuit, this was definitely disappointing stuff.
I wouldn't give Charlie that particular honour.

But I would take issue with your accusations of sexism and mysogeny (misogyny -c'mon you're a B division Scrabble player). As Charlie said, just because he (justifiably in most cases) got angry with members of the forum, and some of them happened to be women, it doesn't make him a sexist. And it definitely doesn't make him a misogynist. I, along with most people here, have disagreed with Charlie before, but I've never needed to resort to name-calling and false accusations.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

oliver , charlie actually called me a sexist . i think along with being called a paedo (ryan) and a homophobe (lesley) i think a little slanderous name calling is a regular feature on here. also i will continue to misspell the odd word from time to time . and i m not sure what relevence being a B division scrabble player is. maybe if i could spell better i might be A rated
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Marc Meakin wrote:oliver , charlie actually called me a sexist . i think along with being called a paedo (ryan) and a homophobe (lesley) i think a little slanderous name calling is a regular feature on here. also i will continue to misspell the odd word from time to time . and i m not sure what relevence being a B division scrabble player is. maybe if i could spell better i might be A rated
If Charlie had evidence to back it up, maybe he was right to. Same goes with Lesley. As for being called a paedo, it was done on the Sanctum which is a private forum, which you weren't meant to see.
Of course name calling goes on here. The difference is that mostly it is done in jest, whereas what you're doing is seriously accusing someone having issued death threats to them previously.
TBH - you've won the argument. You've made me reply and thus fulfilling your attention seeking aims. That's the last I shall post on here for a while.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Charlie Reams wrote:Go to prison please, it'll be the best use of my tax money ever.
You pay tax? Aren't you still a scrounging student? 8-)
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Charlie...one simple yes or no question...can me and marc ever actually make new topics again? I mean its so unfair! (does anyone agree with me??) plus we never knew this would happen and we have kind of 'learnt a lesson'...sooooooooooooooooo???????
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Soph K wrote:Charlie...one simple yes or no question...can me and marc ever actually make new topics again? I mean its so unfair! (does anyone agree with me??) plus we never knew this would happen and we have kind of 'learnt a lesson'...sooooooooooooooooo???????
No, you'll just keep making irritating threads no-one replies to again.
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

Marc... I just don't understand. Why have you not got over the whole Sanctum business, and why are you still here arguing with certain members of C4C? You're never going to get on. It's just no way to spend your time. There are people who like or love you - invest your time in them, ignore those who don't like you and preserve your emotions.
I don't have as much life experience as you and I feel kind of silly for preaching, but please take on board what I say.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Oliver Garner wrote:
The Cambridge Tab wrote: but Charlie Reams (was) inconsistent almost to the point of incoherency, and so I’m not afraid to say I cannot remember a single thing about (his) set. For veteran comics well known on the college comedy circuit, this was definitely disappointing stuff.

Slightly creepy :? But you're right, one first-time comedy reviewer couldn't remember my set, so it's back to the gutter for me.
Ben Wilson wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Go to prison please, it'll be the best use of my tax money ever.
You pay tax? Aren't you still a scrounging student? 8-)
Good one. I pay quite a bit of tax, yes.
Marc Meakin wrote:as for my observations being sexists well it was a redrence to your well publicised mysogeny.
lol wat. Hard to know even where to start with this one.
Soph K wrote:Charlie...one simple yes or no question...can me and marc ever actually make new topics again?
no
Chris Davies wrote:Marc... There are people who like or love you
Citation needed.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:[
Soph K wrote:Charlie...one simple yes or no question...can me and marc ever actually make new topics again?
no
You are a bit unforgiving at times. Marc and Sophie are separate cases, and I imagine one of them might mature with time.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:[
no
You are a bit unforgiving at times. Marc and Sophie are separate cases, and I imagine one of them might mature with time.
Agreed, but she wanted a yes or no answer.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Oliver Garner wrote:
The Cambridge Tab wrote: but Charlie Reams (was) inconsistent almost to the point of incoherency, and so I’m not afraid to say I cannot remember a single thing about (his) set. For veteran comics well known on the college comedy circuit, this was definitely disappointing stuff.

Slightly creepy :? But you're right, one first-time comedy reviewer couldn't remember my set, so it's back to the gutter for me.
Didn't intend it to be creepy; I remembered you posting something like that on FB and thought it fitted in well to what Marc said.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Oliver Garner wrote:

Didn't intend it to be creepy; I remembered you posting something like that on FB and thought it fitted in well to what Marc said.
Edit: I know this sounds even more creepy
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Sorry if I misunderstood: I now realise your using terms like 'fudge packer' and 'queer' means that you're not homophobic. Personally I only use derogatory terms with stuff I don't like. Generally I'm only given to saying stuff I can back up. I'm pleased you agreed with everything else I said though :)

Anyway, some geezer in a pub's just told me your average fizzy water drinker dies at 36, so I've got loads of stuff to pack in to my limited time remaining on earth, rather than getting involved in all this again. :roll:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

agologies for lower case and no punctuation i shall reply to many of the recent posts firstly for thosn who think im not over sanctumgate i am but this restriction from making fresh threads acts as a reminder that at least charlie doesnt seem to forgive and forget also if people dont like what i say i do believe the foe button still works oh and lesley it would seem most comedians must be homophobes sexist etc. re watch tim minchins song i love jesus i hate faggots as a prime example and i like your assertation that because i only mention one of your mistakes everything else must be true have you considered a career in journalism oh and olly you creep finally charlie what is the criteria for getting my full posting rights
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote:agologies for lower case and no punctuation
Don't apologise. How about you write like an adult instead of expecting us to insert full stops for you? I can attribute your inability to spell to your general stupidity but I'm sure even you can manage punctuation.
oh and lesley it would seem most comedians must be homophobes sexist etc. re watch tim minchins song i love jesus i hate faggots as a prime example
1) You're such a retard it actually beggars belief.
2) You're not a comedian, so the comparison is irrelevant.
3) Tim Minchin is not all comedians.
4) His use of the word faggot is part of an ironic deconstruction of Christian extremism. You're not being ironic, you're just a dick.
Marc Meakin wrote:i like your assertation that because i only mention one of your mistakes everything else must be true
Yep, brilliant. You've got this all figured out.
Marc Meakin wrote:have you considered a career in journalism
You already did that joke.
what is the criteria for getting my full posting rights
It will cost you £15,000 or one child's bike.

Done with this topic now, the stupid is too much. Please shut up and do us all a favour.