When do you go to bed?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

What time do you usually go to sleep at?

1800-2000
No votes
2000-2100
No votes
2100-2200
No votes
2200-2300
6%
2300-0000
31%
0000-0100
19%
0100-0200
25%
0200-0300
19%
0300-0400
No votes
0400-0600
No votes
0600-0800
No votes
I am a vampire
No votes

Total votes: 16

Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

When do you go to bed?

Post by Andy Wilson »

As Michael has enquired as to our waking habits, I'm interested to know what time people crash out at. Feel free to add reasoning if you like. I'm a 2 to 3am man usually, although it varies pretty wildly and I'm trying to make a better effort to get to sleep earlier.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: When do you go to bed?

Post by Michael Wallace »

Yep, usually 2-3 (often later, rarely earlier), trying to push it back to pre-1am though.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

I usually turn in at about 2300, but then spend at least half an hour reading before putting the light out, so don't drop off till around midnight. (Then wake up for a wee about 4 hours later, read for another half-hour or so before getting another 4 fours' sleep :| )
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

My missus works until 2200, and we normally like to make sure we have 30 mins to an hour's worth of TV to watch together before we go to bed. So it's normally around 2330. If I don't go to bed at the same time as her though (for example, if MOTD is on or something) for some reason I always look for other stuff to do and usually end up staying up until about 0300 or 0400 playing computer games, surfing, wanking, that sort of thing.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jon Corby wrote:My missus works until 2200, and we normally like to make sure we have 30 mins to an hour's worth of TV to watch together before we go to bed. So it's normally around 2330. If I don't go to bed at the same time as her though (for example, if MOTD is on or something) for some reason I always look for other stuff to do and usually end up staying up until about 0300 or 0400 playing computer games, surfing, wanking, that sort of thing.
Re: When do you get up?
Jon Corby wrote:Usually around 7am, 10 minutes either side.
U mad?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Somewhere between 11 and 12 for me, will push that back to about 1230-100 at the weekends if I know I have nothing on.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I'd probably average around 11.30-12 if I lived alone, but it takes my girlfriend that long to get ready for bed that timing often pushes towards 1, cos I don't usually drop off unless it's dark and quiet. Grr.

I try to get six hours of sleep at least on average, I can usually function on that.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I normally work 4 nights a week til about midnight so by the time I've got home and settled down I usually head to bed about 0200-0230. Although even when I'm not working it's usually around 0100-0130 anyway.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:My missus works until 2200, and we normally like to make sure we have 30 mins to an hour's worth of TV to watch together before we go to bed. So it's normally around 2330. If I don't go to bed at the same time as her though (for example, if MOTD is on or something) for some reason I always look for other stuff to do and usually end up staying up until about 0300 or 0400 playing computer games, surfing, wanking, that sort of thing.
U mad?
Haha, I thought that was a gag first of all (wanking wrt "when do you get up")

But yeah, I don't take into account when I have to get up really in deciding what time I go to bed (unless I'm doing something very specific the next day). I'm pretty confident that I could cruise through the next day at work on a normal day with no sleep whatsoever. Lately I've been pretty good at going to bed with the missus (otherwise I don't get so much as a fumble) but a few years back it wasn't unusual for me to go long periods of only 3 or 4 hours sleep a night. I get ravaged by mouth ulcers when I'm run down though, which is a big incentive not to do it, so I'm being more sensible nowadays. Plus the fumble.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jon Corby wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:
U mad?
Haha, I thought that was a gag first of all (wanking wrt "when do you get up")

But yeah, I don't take into account when I have to get up really in deciding what time I go to bed (unless I'm doing something very specific the next day). I'm pretty confident that I could cruise through the next day at work on a normal day with no sleep whatsoever. Lately I've been pretty good at going to bed with the missus (otherwise I don't get so much as a fumble) but a few years back it wasn't unusual for me to go long periods of only 3 or 4 hours sleep a night. I get ravaged by mouth ulcers when I'm run down though, which is a big incentive not to do it, so I'm being more sensible nowadays. Plus the fumble.
Cool. For the first hour after I wake up from less than say, 6 hours sleep, I just feel awful, so that's why I always try to get to sleep before 1 on a work night when I'll wake up at about 7.15. But after that hour of pain I'm pretty normal. I always catch up on the weekend though, massive lay in on Saturday and a big nap on Sunday afternoon.

Anyone know what that 6-day week thing is called where you have 28 hour days instead? I'd love to do that.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Anyone know what that 6-day week thing is called where you have 28 hour days instead? I'd love to do that.
Think it's just the 28 hour day.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Right now I do 36 hours awake, 15 hours asleep. It probably means I'm dying.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

8.5 hrs asleep, 15.5 hrs awake. Somewhat inconsistent at weekends.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I go to bed around 11pm falling asleep before midnight usually now, although this is a new thing for the New Year as I'm determined to sort out my daily routine. Apterous used to be a big factor on deciding when I went to bed as I would regularly still be on there at 2am (AKA Carson, Gillies and Nguyen time) but that just left me feeling tired the next day and ultimately I was doing fuck all from being on apterous, so now I am only really going on apterous to play tournament games and the duel.

When I move back to my student house I plan to stick with a routine of going to bed early (before 11pm) and getting up at around 7:30am having a good breakfast and walking to Sainsbury for the quality read that is the Daily Mail before going to university and then not coming home until 5pm (filling spare time at uni by spending it in the library). I am determined to make this work as last year I spent too many days going to bed in the early hours then missing 10am lectures the next morning because I couldn't get up and getting behind on assignments which once led to me staying up for something stupid like 52 hours straight. It is not healthy. *end of anecdote horn*
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

9.30 to 10 pm
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Usually between 11.00pm and midnight on weekdays, but it can be anything at weekends - pretty much never earlier than midnight and often a lot later.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I go to bed around 11pm falling asleep before midnight usually now, although this is a new thing for the New Year as I'm determined to sort out my daily routine. Apterous used to be a big factor on deciding when I went to bed as I would regularly still be on there at 2am (AKA Carson, Gillies and Nguyen time) but that just left me feeling tired the next day and ultimately I was doing fuck all from being on apterous, so now I am only really going on apterous to play tournament games and the duel.

When I move back to my student house I plan to stick with a routine of going to bed early (before 11pm) and getting up at around 7:30am having a good breakfast and walking to Sainsbury for the quality read that is the Daily Mail before going to university and then not coming home until 5pm (filling spare time at uni by spending it in the library). I am determined to make this work as last year I spent too many days going to bed in the early hours then missing 10am lectures the next morning because I couldn't get up and getting behind on assignments which once led to me staying up for something stupid like 52 hours straight. It is not healthy. *end of anecdote horn*
Wow, this is so similar to me. I seem to just waste so much time past midnight doing nothing on the pc so I go to bed like 10pm or earlier now.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Normally some time shortly after midnight on a weekday. Some time later at the weekend.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

I normally got to bed around 2-3 and get up around 7 on work days. Given my sedentary lifestyle I don't think I really need that much sleep.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Unusually late going to bed tonight, but just as an example. Haven't been up at this hour much this winter. Forgot how dark the mornings are.