Would you cry if your pet died

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Would you cry if your pet died

Post by Marc Meakin »

My partners pet had to be put down today after 17 years she is absolutely distraught, but try as I might I just cannot empathise
Does that make me callous?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Would you cry if your pet died

Post by Charlie Reams »

Yes.

Do we need a new thread for your every passing thought?
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Charlie Reams wrote:Do we need a new thread for your every passing thought?
Poll :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Charlie Reams wrote:Yes.

Do we need a new thread for your every passing thought?
If it pisses you off, then yes.
Come back to me when my threads are left unlooked at.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote: If it pisses you off, then yes.
Come back to me when my threads are left unlooked at.
Good to know that my patience with you won't go unrewarded. See you in a week!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I would cry if I found out I had a pet.
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

There is crying and then there is crying.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

The Tragic Diary of Marc Meakin wrote:
August 23rd, 2010 Met my one true love today on a website called Plenty of Fish, and my jokes are going down better than ever on C4C. Things are looking up.

November 18th, 2010 Found out today that no one on the forum actually likes my jokes. Feel like I've been savaged by a herd of sheep.

November 19th, 2010 Charlie Reams banned me from the forum. Could be a blessing in disguise as this will free up time for me to finally assess my finances and start a new life with my partner.

December 7th, 2010 Bankrupt and have all these people staying at my house eating my food, and to make things worse my partner has been crying all day because her pet died. If there's one good thing about today, it's that I've been unbanned from the forum.

December 8th, 2010 Charlie Reams banned me from the forum. Could be a blessing in disguise as this will free up time for me to finally kick everyone out of my house, persuade my partner to be my guarantor and buy her a new goldfish when this loan comes through.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

PMSL Ben, like^30
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Yes. Coincidentally, my friend Chris' dog went to stay at his sister in law's place while we were up in Dublin on the piss there early in the week. He was dog-napped from the garden on Tuesday afternoon by the travelers round the corner (halting site about 200 yards away around the corner). It's the other side of town to where we live so we didn't really know the area, but we went out there looking as soon as Chris got back from Dublin at lunch time on Wednesday.

This involved going into the halting site to try and get him back, which was pretty exciting (and by exciting i mean, f@#*ing terrifying). Dya like dags? Anyway, we didn't get him back Wednesday and, I mean, I've never really been a dog lover, but man was I depressed on Wednesday night. I had rehearsal with a band which I just couldn't concentrate on and then off to play a gig with another couple of friends where I was a serious wet blanket for the most part.

Anyway - Chris found Rufus running loose in an adjacent field yesterday while he was putting up missing dog posters, with a mysterious metal chain around his neck. Most likely thing is that his captors let him go having met us (we were pretty genuine and did our best not to sound accusing/be friendly) and having seen that Rufus has had his nads disabled and seeing the posters everywhere around the area.

Anyway, Chris admitted to having a little cry on Thursday morning before all this happened and he's a hard ass and Rufus wasn't even dead.