Poop Visits UK

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

What do you think of the poop's visit?

Crap
82%
Not crap
6%
He reminds me of poop-eye the sailor man
12%

Total votes: 17

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Poop Visits UK

Post by Michael Wallace »

In case you haven't heard, the poop has just begun a state visit to the UK. What do you think of this? Should the taxpayer be funding a holiday for the poop? Should the Queen have to meet (let alone touch) the poop? Would you be comfortable if the poop got near your kids? What do you think of the poop protests? Would the poop make a good DC guest? Do you think the poop would be good at Countdown?
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Re: Poop Visits UK

Post by Ben Hunter »

He needs wiping up.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Security for the visit will cost in excess of £12 million. I think thats quite cheap considering the amount of children they have protect
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Doohan wrote:Security for the visit will cost in excess of £12 million. I think thats quite cheap considering the amount of children they have protect
stolen
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Thankfully we're off on holidays so will miss the big poop party a couple of miles up the road where they are apparently beating up some mate of Conor's.

And if I was unimpressed before, I am ever more so now that I realise that Pointless has been interrupted in order to show the poop in Glasgow.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Karen Pearson wrote: I realise that Pointless has been interrupted in order to show the poop in Glasgow.
Heresy :o
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I find it greatly offensive that you're denigrating a man of the (touching) cloth.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Interesting that, after an admission on his arrival that the catholic church made big mistakes in its handling of paedophile priests, he should then lean out of his vehicle and kiss a kid when he turned up at the mass in Glasgow.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Lowering the averages since 2009
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Loving the BBC news headline this morning: "Poop leads assembly of children", it's so awesomely subtle with its OMG PAEDOPHILE vibe.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Quote from a friend: 'Apprently after meeting Susan Boyle and Michelle McManus in Glasgow the Pope wasn't surprised priests were shagging young boys.'
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Andy Wilson wrote:Quote from a friend: 'Apprently after meeting Susan Boyle and Michelle McManus in Glasgow the Pope wasn't surprised priests were shagging young boys.'
Who's the Pope? :?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I just caught a bit during channel changing and heard him tell God to "piss in our nation, piss in our homes, and piss in our hearts". All seems a little extreme for me.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Andy Wilson wrote:Quote from a friend: 'Apprently after meeting Susan Boyle and Michelle McManus in Glasgow the Pope wasn't surprised priests were shagging young boys.'
1. often Pope Roman Catholic Church The bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church on earth.
2. Eastern Orthodox Church The patriarch of Alexandria.
3. The Coptic patriarch of Alexandria.
4. The male head of some non-Christian religions: the Taoist pope.
5. A person considered to have unquestioned authority: the pope of surrealism.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Rhys Benjamin wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:
1. often Pope Roman Catholic Church The bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church on earth.
2. Eastern Orthodox Church The patriarch of Alexandria.
3. The Coptic patriarch of Alexandria.
4. The male head of some non-Christian religions: the Taoist pope.
5. A person considered to have unquestioned authority: the pope of surrealism.
Oh, you're thinking of the poop. Don't worry, it's a common typo.
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

Howard Somerset wrote:Interesting that, after an admission on his arrival that the catholic church made big mistakes in its handling of paedophile priests, he should then lean out of his vehicle and kiss a kid when he turned up at the mass in Glasgow.
I find it interesting that anyone should automatically associate kissing babies with child molestation. And disturbing too, because it says a lot about what our society has become.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

David Roe wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:Interesting that, after an admission on his arrival that the catholic church made big mistakes in its handling of paedophile priests, he should then lean out of his vehicle and kiss a kid when he turned up at the mass in Glasgow.
I find it interesting that anyone should automatically associate kissing babies with child molestation. And disturbing too, because it says a lot about what our society has become.
There is also some context here...
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

David Roe wrote:
I wonder if anyone did make that association automatically. I certainly didn't.
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

OK, maybe the association wasn't automatic. But you did make the association, as would so many people. And that's what disturbs me, that many people (even if it takes an effort) do associate kissing babies with child molesting.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

David Roe wrote:OK, maybe the association wasn't automatic. But you did make the association, as would so many people. And that's what disturbs me, that many people (even if it takes an effort) do associate kissing babies with child molesting.
The association is between the Pope and paedophilia, and kissing with sex. I imagine these associations are within even your limited grasp of reality.
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

I don't associate all kissing with sex. In my lifestyle, and in the lifestyles of the people I know, there is a huge difference between kissing a baby and kissing someone you want to have sex with. It's a very obvious difference for me, even if you can't see it.

I do not want to extend my "limited grasp of reality" to one where kissing a baby becomes a sexual act.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Has anyone else noticed that POPE BENEDICT is an anagram of EPIC BENT PEDO?
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

I thought POPE HAILED was quite noticeable and i'm shit at anagrams
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

There's been a lot of debate about whether the Vatican should count as a state and so whether we should pay for the visit. Of course it's a state. It's a fucking state.