Debbi Flack

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Debbi Flack

Post by Jason Larsen »

Hi, everyone!

I have just found out that Debbi Flack has deleted me as a friend on Facebook.

She wrote that her daughter, Emily has been banned from Facebook because she was misusing chat.

First, she is not banned from Facebook. I can still add her as a friend because she is still listed on the site.

Second, she is 9 and she knows darn well how to control herself without being naughty. If she were younger, I would understand but not otherwise.

Most importantly, to delete me as a friend on Facebook is wrong because I only commented about an isolated incident that was in the past. I did not insult, berate or chastise her.

The last time she was on the forum was earlier today. I hope she reads this post.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Debbi Flack

Post by Ian Volante »

Banned by her, rather than by Facebook I suspect.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Naomi Laddiman
Rookie

Post by Naomi Laddiman »

Jason

Debbi has every right to delete you as a friend on facebook, I'm sure she has her reasons.
Debbi has banned her daughter - she doesn't say she's deleted her account. I'm sure if you requested her to be your friend, she would refuse.
You clearly know nothing about children, because if you did, you wouldn't write anything as stupid as "she is 9 and she knows darn well how to control herself without being naughty. If she were younger, I would understand but not otherwise." I too have a 9 year old, and he can be an absolute bugger occasionally, but I expect that from a 9 year old because he is still young in my eyes.
If you were my friend on facebook, I would probably delete you too, but I didn't bother to add you in the first place!
Last edited by Naomi Laddiman on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Dearie Me
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Jason Larsen wrote:... [some whining drivel] ...
I've got news for you: The world does not revolve around Jason Larsen. And for someone who claims to be from a free country I find it surprising that you wish to deny Debbie her inalienable right to decide who she has on her friends list.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Oh my goodness.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

No good can come of this thread. Jason, in future please use the private messaging system for this sort of thing.