Accentuate the positive

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Accentuate the positive

Post by Marc Meakin »

Obviously these times are very unsettling and upsetting but there are one or two positives.
If you are a student and go to pieces during exams then teacher assessments for G.C.S.E grades have got to be a bonus. ( although I was the opposite and always pissed about during term time knowing I could pass the exams )

I get claustrophobic in crowds and get irritated by dawdlers in shops , well that's all gone now.

Soap Operas are reflecting the times for once which makes them mildly interesting .

Cycling is a pleasure again although there is an increase in traffic.
I can have a nap on a train knowing I won't get the customary ' tickets please ' from the guard ( yes that's what they are I don't accept the fancy titles they use )
Oh and before you delve into the archives Gev , I do buy my ticket now 😀
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: Accentuate the positive

Post by Mark Deeks »

I don't know you at all, Marc, but I like the way you stand by your past. No wriggling out of it, you own it without being proud of it. Nicely done.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Mark Deeks wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:41 pm I don't know you at all, Marc, but I like the way you stand by your past. No wriggling out of it, you own it without being proud of it. Nicely done.
It's only this forum that stops me forgetting my past sins.
I sometimes read some of my posts with open mouth thinking did I really say those things.
They say your future owes your past nothing , but the odd glance in the rear view mirror often helps with a smooth journey
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Shit happens, don't worry about it. We've all got receipts out there on the internet.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Mark Deeks wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:26 pm Shit happens, don't worry about it. We've all got receipts out there on the internet.
Thank feck (most of) my youthful misdemeanours were pre-internet days!

In terms of positives, I guess saving money due to having no social life must be one. :roll:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Marc Meakin wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:38 am
I can have a nap on a train knowing I won't get the customary ' tickets please ' from the guard ( yes that's what they are I don't accept the fancy titles they use )
Do they not wake up the sleepers?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:29 pm
Marc Meakin wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:38 am
Do they not wake up the sleepers?
I think unless it's the end of the line or a station has a short platform the guard just stays in his cab

I can only vouch for guards working on trains in Kent and Essex