Unusual Fears/Phobias

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Tom S
Kiloposter

Unusual Fears/Phobias

Post by Tom S »

I'll start off with E-Fit's.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: Unusual Fears/Phobias

Post by Mark Deeks »

I can't be in the same room as a boiling kettle. You spend my childhood telling me not to mix water and electricity, then spend my adulthood telling me to put them together? No sir, not going to happen.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

It's not really a fear or phobia, but I've never liked sticky labels, like price labels or on fruit etc.

Edit - Jono has a friend who is scared of stickers.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:21 pm It's not really a fear or phobia, but I've never liked sticky labels, like price labels or on fruit etc.
I can understand that, they do often leave a sticky mark on the particular item, which can be annoying if you want to eat it.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

China dolls , which was fun having two daughters.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

six smalls...
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Craneflies. I've become a bit more tolerant towards them as I have got older but still hate them (I can now catch them in a sufficiently large container and give them someone to take outside since I can't justify killing a harmless creature, whereas before I wouldn't have been able to even go within a few metres of them).

Oddly, spiders don't bother me at all and in fact I've rather a fondness of them. I'm more than happy to coexist with them and will only move them elsewhere if they're causing a disruption (and I'm more than happy to pick them up with my hands). Loads of spiders in my bedroom? No problem. A singular cranefly somewhere in the house? Must be evicted or I'm getting no sleep.
James S Roper
Acolyte

Post by James S Roper »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:52 pm and give them someone to take outside
No wonder you can't get any sleep, I'd personally choose not to live in Oldham if human-sacrifice-appeased giant crane flies dwelled amongst you.
Matt Rutherford
Acolyte

Post by Matt Rutherford »

Courtesy of an industrial-strength bout of OCD in my early teens (that has since fucked off), I wound up suffering with the wonderfully named hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia-or 'fear of 666', which led to a general dislike of the number 6. If the same product cost £6.99 or £8.99, I'd buy the more expensive one just to avoid the 6. It was that bad, I once refused to go in the car when the odometer was on '12,661' miles for what would be a 10-mile journey, opted to wait half-an-hour rather than board a train numbered '350 266' where the individual carriage numbers all had three sixes in the string of numbers and had a deathly fear of Bolton and Blackburn (due to the A666). At it's peak, even a mention could bring on panic attack symptoms. This has long since gone, mercifully. Still hate the A666 and Blackburn though-I have since walked along it from Ewood Park to the Town Centre, and I have yet to visit a more dire fleapit. It makes Stoke-on-Trent look like Palm Beach.
England's most socially-awkward churchgoer
Mark M

Post by Mark M »

I ain’t scared of Rhys Benjamin
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

You will be.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Mark M

Post by Mark M »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:15 pm You will be.
How?. I ain’t scared
Mark M

Post by Mark M »

Rhys is so quick at blocking me. Maybe I should choose a different username, Rhys get ready I’m going to spam the wiki like never before. Regards, Mark.
Mark M

Post by Mark M »

You fancy a game of whack a mole Rhys?
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Because you've now gone further than impersonation. You uploaded someone's private photos to the wiki. That is a misuse of private information and the police are now involved. Goodbye.
Mark M

Post by Mark M »

Don’t involve the police I will stop cancel it and I’ll never spam again
Mark M

Post by Mark M »

I’ll leave Ashton alone as well
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

Bit late now, nice one Rhys!
Callum Peters

Post by Callum Peters »

This isn’t me. Mark you’ve harassed me go away, i personally would rather the police not be involved, as I don’t won’t it to go on my record for assisting him. I’ll never spam again but I believe Mark would.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Anyway, to put this thread back on track, I have a phobia of dogs. All dogs. It's my biggest failing, really, I can't be anywhere near them.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:48 pm Anyway, to put this thread back on track, I have a phobia of dogs. All dogs. It's my biggest failing, really, I can't be anywhere near them.
I am also a bit phobic of dogs, due to an incident with one as a child. I am sure my relationship would be different if the incident hadn't occurred. But, get where you are coming from.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Volume ocd. I prefer to have my TV volume set at multiples of 5. I can tolerate it a bit if it's late at night and 5 would be too low and 10 would be too high but normally it has to 10, 15 or 20. I've tried setting it to numbers in-between but I can't leave it like that for long. Doesn't bother me with tje radio setting though, only tv.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Feathers , but weirdly not birds.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT