Stay Alert

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Stay Alert

Post by Marc Meakin »

Who is looking forward to lots of extra walking , running an cycling come Wednesday ?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Re: Stay Alert

Post by Fiona T »

Nominate Gevin
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Oh was I supposed to wait until Wednesday? :?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

So , let me get this straight.
I'm still not allowed to go and visit my daughter or my mother , but I am allowed to go to work with people from other households , a cynical person would think the economy is more valuable than lives.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

You can meet them in a park but stay 2 metres away.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 am You can meet them in a park but stay 2 metres away.
I must admit that in theory that if everyone maintains social distancing then no restrictions are needed.
I only feel I'm at risk in a shop or supermarket.
Out and about I feel safe.
I try to tap into my inner shark and keep moving , whether I'm walking or cycling.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I can exercise more already. Nothing changing otherwise here, nice to be somewhere where there's actual coherence in government output.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

It says a lot about the state of our media that France has adopted exactly the same slogan without comment.

But what I'm quite annoyed about here is the whole system of devolution. Why does the First Minister have a veto over lockdown changes, over and above that of the Prime Minister!? Devolution has never worked, especially on a local council level, and now the Welsh FM has effectively created a hard border between England and Wales. This is just ridiculous.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:42 pm It says a lot about the state of our media that France has adopted exactly the same slogan without comment.

But what I'm quite annoyed about here is the whole system of devolution. Why does the First Minister have a veto over lockdown changes, over and above that of the Prime Minister!? Devolution has never worked, especially on a local council level, and now the Welsh FM has effectively created a hard border between England and Wales. This is just ridiculous.
Health policy is devolved to Scotland, and we seem to be a bit more interested in following the evidence, such as it is.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles