People you randomly encounter who share names with Countdowners but aren't actually the Countdowner, just a namesake

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Mark Deeks
Fanatic

People you randomly encounter who share names with Countdowners but aren't actually the Countdowner, just a namesake

Post by Mark Deeks »

Because I have loads going on in my life right now, I was just reading this news story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46044014
The Belgian was an unused sub for the League Two strugglers in Saturday's draw with Newport but feels like he can have a big impact for Jim Bentley's men.
Jim Bentley is the manager of Morecambe Town.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: People you randomly encounter who share names with Countdowners but aren't actually the Countdowner, just a namesake

Post by Gavin Chipper »

There was this article on Damian Eadie earlier in the year.

Oh, and this.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: People you randomly encounter who share names with Countdowners but aren't actually the Countdowner, just a namesake

Post by Mark Deeks »

We are friends having bonded over our mutual crap name. I have the domain name, he has the Twitter handle. I offered to swap. He said no. Sod.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Mark Deeks wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am Because I have loads going on in my life right now, I was just reading this news story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46044014
The Belgian was an unused sub for the League Two strugglers in Saturday's draw with Newport but feels like he can have a big impact for Jim Bentley's men.
Jim Bentley is the manager of Morecambe Town.
I've been at Morecambe for over 15 years now and like to think I know what's best. Some people question my methods but I think I've done OK. I'm one of the longest-serving managers at any club. But let's not be defensive.

I have some amazing ideas for the second half of the season. Robot strikers (not sure if these are allowed yet, we're just going to go with it and see what happens), some androids, people with brains taken out and other stuff put in, cyborgs, that sort of thing. Keep your eye on Morecambe, that's all I can say. The action will be incredible.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Good post/avatar synergy here.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Now, come on. Have you or have you just been Googling people off of Countdown's names?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 pm Now, come on. Have you or have you just been Googling people off of Countdown's names?
Searching Wikipedia usually yields better results. Or unexpected ones, such as the top search result for 'Matt Bayfield'. Also, on that topic...
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 pm Now, come on. Have you or have you just been Googling people off of Countdown's names?
I was looking up the veracity of a fact I read about how a disproportionate number of sailors called Richard Parker have died badly over the years. I have a decent amount of time for such things at the moment.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-46508430

Ryan Taylor craving the Reality TV life it seems.............