How much do you weigh?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Mark Deeks
Fanatic

How much do you weigh?

Post by Mark Deeks »

Per Gavin Chipper.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Re: How much do you weigh?

Post by Marc Meakin »

Bit of a sore point as I've had a week's holiday in Wales on a walking holiday. Turned my ankle on the first day and done fuck all but eat so I'm catching Mark up at 16 stone 8.
Diet has started in earnest today
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Underweight- 9st6.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

12 stone 12. Though, at the moment, the stones over here are heavier because all the snow weighs them down.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

13st 8lb, quite a bit overweight for my height (5' 10").

Or, if you're enlightened and like the metric system, 86kg, quite a bit overweight for my height (177cm).
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Ben Wilson wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 pm 13st 8lb, quite a bit overweight for my height (5' 10").
Same weight but slightly taller (fractions under 6 foot). I hadn't weighed myself in ages and I'm pretty sure last time I did I was closer to 15st so happy with that. I also held the scales in my hands to see how much weight I cold squeeze with my hands. Was hoping to at least get as much as I weighed but I maxed out at 12st.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

I genuinely don't know. Is that weird?
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 pm I genuinely don't know. Is that weird?
But also wonderful as you don't know or probably care if you are overweight/underweight
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

0.068 tonnes.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 pm I genuinely don't know. Is that weird?
I don't think it's that weird. I weigh myself quite frequently these days because I've got the London marathon coming up and I want to be 9 stone on 22nd April. I weighed myself this morning and was something like 9 stone 4 pounds (about 59 kg). I think I'll lose some of that quite easily though. I tend to weigh more in the winter months. I'm about 5 feet 8 inches as well, if that makes a difference (around 1.73 metres).
Tom S wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:36 pm Underweight- 9st6.
How tall are you?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I'm about 57kdwt and 1.62 ells, slightly chunkier than I want to be.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 am
I don't think it's that weird. I weigh myself quite frequently these days because I've got the London marathon coming up and I want to be 9 stone on 22nd April. I weighed myself this morning and was something like 9 stone 4 pounds (about 59 kg). I think I'll lose some of that quite easily though. I tend to weigh more in the winter months. I'm about 5 feet 8 inches as well, if that makes a difference (around 1.73 metres).
How tall are you?
About 6"1
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Looks like I'm the unbeaten champion, unless someone can top it. Bet you can't. 8-)
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Graeme Cole wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:39 am 0.068 tonnes.

That just sounds fat, you know?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Mark Deeks wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 pm Looks like I'm the unbeaten champion, unless someone can top it. Bet you can't. 8-)
I'm denser than you though, I'm only 5 foot 6
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

You win! Or lose, depending on which game we're playing.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

I'm somewhere between 11 stone (70kg) and 11 stone 7 pounds (73kg), depending on how much I've been eating and drinking. I've been down to about 9 stone at one point (but I did look a bit skeletal and unwell at that point) and up to about 13 stone (when I was really drinking a lot). I think I'm about 5 foot 10 so I guess I'm in the normal range.

However, I mainly wanted to post a picture of my scales. I think it's quite impressive to get two errors into four words. Despite that, they're pretty damn accurate (or at least they agree with all the other scales I've been on).

Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

How can a scale be multipurose, anyway? How many puroses could there possibly be?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 pm How can a scale be multipurose, anyway? How many puroses could there possibly be?
1. Weighing things on
2. Posting pictures of
3. Cold squeezing
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

JimBentley wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm I'm somewhere between 11 stone (70kg) and 11 stone 7 pounds (73kg), depending on how much I've been eating and drinking. I've been down to about 9 stone at one point (but I did look a bit skeletal and unwell at that point) and up to about 13 stone (when I was really drinking a lot). I think I'm about 5 foot 10 so I guess I'm in the normal range.

However, I mainly wanted to post a picture of my scales. I think it's quite impressive to get two errors into four words. Despite that, they're pretty damn accurate (or at least they agree with all the other scales I've been on).

The placement of that colon is kinda getting to me too
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Actually, at the top there, can I see that it's got two USB ports? Maybe it truly is multipurose after all.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

This thread's gone well, I'm glad we did this.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Mark Deeks wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm Actually, at the top there, can I see that it's got two USB ports? Maybe it truly is multipurose after all.
Aren't they just buttons?

I weigh 11st. Trying to get it down to 10 by COLIN.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Conor wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 pm
Mark Deeks wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm Actually, at the top there, can I see that it's got two USB ports? Maybe it truly is multipurose after all.
Aren't they just buttons?
They are, the one on the left toggles between kgs and lbs and the one on the right is a tare (reset to zero) button. Honestly, as shoddy cheap (about £3 including delivery if I remember right) electrnic items go, they're not bad at all when the batteries don't fall out.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Still waiting for some of the big guns to post on this thread
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Conor wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 pm I weigh 11st. Trying to get it down to 10 by COLIN.
Is that why you didn't come this year?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I haven't been on C4C for a while. When I scrolled through this thread, I thought three things:
- USB ports on the scales
- "cold squeezing" is a great phrase
- is that why you didn't come to Colin this year?

Two points to Gevin and one to Mark.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Oh and in the fat stakes I'm currently 97kg which is like 15st 5lb or something. In a similar way to how I used to measure my age compared to Michael Owen, I now sometimes measure my wait by MMA weight class. So I'd be a light heavyweight once I've done my weight cut.

I did just have a big lunch of loads of soup and some bread, so I'll let you know what difference it makes later on when I've had a poo. If anybody else wants to update their weights after poos, that'd be cool.

Also when do you weigh the least, is it first thing in the morning? I know this is supposed to be when you're tallest as well so I might just be extending that fact with some fake news.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

You are still bigger than me Mark? But you are a couple of inches taller. And also I have no muscle whatsoever and a tiny willy so I'm more pure fat.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 pm I have [...] a tiny willy
Cue for a spin-off thread?
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:23 pmI did just have a big lunch of loads of soup and some bread, so I'll let you know what difference it makes later on when I've had a poo. If anybody else wants to update their weights after poos, that'd be cool.

Also when do you weigh the least, is it first thing in the morning? I know this is supposed to be when you're tallest as well so I might just be extending that fact with some fake news.
Your weight over any 24 hour period fluctuates mainly because of water regulation. Overall more weight is lost through pissing (and normal perspiration) than by taking a big shit. Fluids are obvious, but most food has a high water content too, which is mainly excreted in the urine. You should weigh the least first thing in the morning (after having a piss, of course), because you haven't eaten or drank anything for eight (or however many) hours and the body has processed all the stuff that you ate the previous day. Something like that, anyway.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I done a poo and now I weigh 97.4kg. I know I wrote 97kg earlier but I think I meant 97.8kg. Or 98. Or 98.7. But most probably 97.8kg. But basically I ruined it by getting it wrong earlier.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

By the way I had a go at cold pressing and it actually took me ages to even work out how to make it register on the scale, I was just squeezing the main plate on top and would have looked an absolute fool. Turns out the weight on my scales is measured through four feet, so cold pressing is an absolute impossibility unless I grow two more hands. I got to around 28kg or something squeezing two of them but quickly gave up once I realised it was pretty futile.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

JimBentley wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm
Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:23 pmI did just have a big lunch of loads of soup and some bread, so I'll let you know what difference it makes later on when I've had a poo. If anybody else wants to update their weights after poos, that'd be cool.

Your weight over any 24 hour period fluctuates mainly because of water regulation. Overall more weight is lost through pissing (and normal perspiration) than by taking a big shit. Fluids are obvious, but most food has a high water content too, which is mainly excreted in the urine. You should weigh the least first thing in the morning (after having a piss, of course), because you haven't eaten or drank anything for eight (or however many) hours and the body has processed all the stuff that you ate the previous day. Something like that, anyway.
Some people are shit-before-breakfasters so they are at a massive advantage when it comes to making themselves look light, as they can have a piss and a shit before weighing themselves first thing in the morning.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm I haven't been on C4C for a while. When I scrolled through this thread, I thought three things:
- USB ports on the scales
- "cold squeezing" is a great phrase
- is that why you didn't come to Colin this year?

Two points to Gevin and one to Mark.
Cold squeezing was Mark James originally.
Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 pm By the way I had a go at cold pressing and it actually took me ages to even work out how to make it register on the scale, I was just squeezing the main plate on top and would have looked an absolute fool. Turns out the weight on my scales is measured through four feet, so cold pressing is an absolute impossibility unless I grow two more hands. I got to around 28kg or something squeezing two of them but quickly gave up once I realised it was pretty futile.
Sorry, you need to have four feet to use your scales? Not for humans then.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Matt Morrison wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 pm You are still bigger than me Mark? But you are a couple of inches taller. And also I have no muscle whatsoever and a tiny willy so I'm more pure fat.
I'm really heavy without being really fat, it's weird.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Also, what's cold squeezing?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark Deeks wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 pm Also, what's cold squeezing?
Presumably when you pick up your scales and squeeze them as hard as you can and see how much weight you can squeeze.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

I was saying could squeeze not cold squeeze but it seems like a useful phrase and I'll take the credit for accidentally coining it.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

I assumed it was when you clench your buttocks to keep warm on a chilly morning. Guess it wasn't this. A shame.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

JimBentley wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm

If you're allowed to count your lightest weight as your weight, then I can actually claim 9 stone. I went on a 24-mile marathon training run today and was 9 stone afterwards, and that was actually after drinking quite a bit first. So I would have been even less.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:13 pm If you're allowed to count your lightest weight as your weight, then I can actually claim 9 stone. I went on a 24-mile marathon training run today and was 9 stone afterwards, and that was actually after drinking quite a bit first. So I would have been even less.
Congratulations, you hit your goal. You're now 0.36R or whatever weird measurement you like to do things in.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

What's 1R equal to?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Mark Deeks wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:29 am What's 1R equal to?
About 12st 12lb last time I checked.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Mark James wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:56 pm I was saying could squeeze not cold squeeze but it seems like a useful phrase and I'll take the credit for accidentally coining it.
How meta would it be if it the phrase "cold squeezing" actually ended up in the dictionary as a legitimate phrase and it's origin came from a website whose object is essentially obsessing about what gets to be included in the dictionary? I want to encourage as many people as possible to continue to use the phrase for that definition. In fact I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't seen more people post their results for cold squeezing. Although I will concede that it really only works with mechanical scales and not electronic scales, which seem to be the norm these days. I know we had a hard time sourcing said scales in the first place.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Phil Reynolds wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 am
Mark Deeks wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:29 am What's 1R equal to?
About 12st 12lb last time I checked.
Well if 9 stone is 0.36R then it would be 25 stone. You obviously had a big meal since you last checked.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Dare I ask what's an R ?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark James wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 am
Mark James wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:56 pm I was saying could squeeze not cold squeeze but it seems like a useful phrase and I'll take the credit for accidentally coining it.
How meta would it be if it the phrase "cold squeezing" actually ended up in the dictionary as a legitimate phrase and it's origin came from a website whose object is essentially obsessing about what gets to be included in the dictionary? I want to encourage as many people as possible to continue to use the phrase for that definition. In fact I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't seen more people post their results for cold squeezing. Although I will concede that it really only works with mechanical scales and not electronic scales, which seem to be the norm these days. I know we had a hard time sourcing said scales in the first place.
I managed to cold squeeze 7 stone just now. It was very dependent on how I held the scales, so technique is important.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Marc Meakin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:40 am Dare I ask what's an R ?
Runningsworth, knowing Gevin. That's all he's interested in, running around and around and around.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I thought it was in reference to a c4c legend
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Marc Meakin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:00 am I thought it was in reference to a c4c legend
Me too.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Haha. You are mean people.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Does everyone here weigh themselves naked?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I take my slippers off.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 am Does everyone here weigh themselves naked?
Only if I've got no clothes on.

I might try a cold squeeze later, would be surprised if I managed to do more than about eight hundred hrurrrs.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I even take my Fitbit and glasses off
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Tom S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:41 pm
How tall are you?
About 6"1
I was vaguely curious as to what BMI this would come out as - obviously BMI needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt, which itself would probably negate the positive effects of having a healthy BMI.

Anyway, 9 stone 6 is 59.9 kg according to Google. 6"1 is about 1.854m. So 59.9/1.854^2 = about 17.4. I think healthy is supposed to start from 18.5. But we could instead use this formula where you use 1.3*weight/height^2.5. In this case, you come out as 16.6. That's even worse! Time for something to eat.

There's a nice calculator here.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:35 pm
Tom S wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:41 pm

How tall are you?
About 6"1

I was vaguely curious as to what BMI this would come out as - obviously BMI needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt, which itself would probably negate the positive effects of having a healthy BMI.

Anyway, 9 stone 6 is 59.9 kg according to Google. 6"1 is about 1.854m. So 59.9/1.854^2 = about 17.4. I think healthy is supposed to start from 18.5. But we could instead use this formula where you use 1.3*weight/height^2.5. In this case, you come out as 16.6. That's even worse! Time for something to eat.

There's a nice calculator here.
Time indeed! Not been eating well at the minute, which could be down to a phobia of eating out in public places... something that I have to do regularly :)
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Mark James wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 am
I just tried to do some cold squeezing with my multipurose eletrnic scales and couldn't get beyond a couple of kilograms. They need a hard floor to get them to work at all, so that's not altogether unsurprising. I think Mark's right, you need mechanical scales for real proper cold squeezing action.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:54 am
Conor wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 pm I weigh 11st. Trying to get it down to 10 by COLIN.
Is that why you didn't come this year?
Yes. But now I weigh 10st again, so looking better for next year.