People you shouldn't trust

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: People you shouldn't trust

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I should have added anyone that might need to know, not just cars. If I'm crossing a road off a roundabout, if they're not indicating I'm crossing.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

People who say 'The Rona' to mean Covid-19.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Conor wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:25 pm People who say 'The Rona' to mean Covid-19.
It's a bit better than Wuhan Flu
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

People who have a hairstyle where their hair goes over one of their eyes.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Anyone involved with the Red Bull F1 Team.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Sam Cappleman-Lynes
Enthusiast

Post by Sam Cappleman-Lynes »

The current government
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Sam Cappleman-Lynes wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:26 pm The current government
An eternal truism.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Ian Volante wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:08 pm
Sam Cappleman-Lynes wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:26 pm The current government
An eternal truism.
Welcome to the anarcholibertarian revolution.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Marc Meakin wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:58 am
Conor wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:25 pm People who say 'The Rona' to mean Covid-19.
It's a bit better than Wuhan Flu
No-one's ever gonna top "Kung-flu" :lol:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

People who go on about 2020 being a shit year as if 2021 isn't also going to suck.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Mark James wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:09 am People who go on about 2020 being a shit year as if 2021 isn't also going to suck.
2021's going to have a Eurovision, so it's already winning! :mrgreen:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Shakin' Stevens for the line "It's the season love and understanding".

Of

The song is completely trashed by that omission.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:28 pm Shakin' Stevens for the line "It's the season love and understanding".

Of

I always thought it was in there but so clipped as to be almost inaudible. But there.

So I found a live version to see if it was more clear. Not only is there no "of" but he has also changed "love" to "hope". I have no idea why but I'd like to know.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:37 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:28 pm Shakin' Stevens for the line "It's the season love and understanding".

Of

I always thought it was in there but so clipped as to be almost inaudible. But there.

So I found a live version to see if it was more clear. Not only is there no "of" but he has also changed "love" to "hope". I have no idea why but I'd like to know.
Also, it's pretty obvious from the video that there is no "of". So yes, he can't be trusted.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Why "of" rather than "for"?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Fiona T wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:36 pm Why "of" rather than "for"?
Maybe, but it at least needs something there.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

People who insist the lyric in Don't Bring Me Down by ELO is Bruce
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I didn't think these people existed but having spoken to a couple of people I think they might (though I think they probably just haven't paid attention to what they do) - people who stand with their head constantly in the stream of water when they're having a shower.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 am I didn't think these people existed but having spoken to a couple of people I think they might (though I think they probably just haven't paid attention to what they do) - people who stand with their head constantly in the stream of water when they're having a shower.
The work for the water board
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 am I didn't think these people existed but having spoken to a couple of people I think they might (though I think they probably just haven't paid attention to what they do) - people who stand with their head constantly in the stream of water when they're having a shower.
I step mostly out of the water, probably not all the way, to do the soaping up stage, which is I assume what you're talking about. At one point I was even turning the shower off for a minute and then turning it back on to step back into the stream, though can't remember if that was being conscious of wasting water or to help out a slow-draining tray.

I'm always confused by people who don't use body sponges (or similar) and apply shower gel by hand. So strange. Either you have to use four times as much shower gel to get anything close to the same lather or coverage, or if you use a similar amount then you end up having a shower which falls considerably short on feelings of luxury and cleanliness.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:32 am
I step mostly out of the water, probably not all the way, to do the soaping up stage, which is I assume what you're talking about. At one point I was even turning the shower off for a minute and then turning it back on to step back into the stream, though can't remember if that was being conscious of wasting water or to help out a slow-draining tray.
I'm talking specifically about the head. I generally stay in the water flow, but don't have it pouring down on my head unless I'm actually washing my hair.
I'm always confused by people who don't use body sponges (or similar) and apply shower gel by hand. So strange. Either you have to use four times as much shower gel to get anything close to the same lather or coverage, or if you use a similar amount then you end up having a shower which falls considerably short on feelings of luxury and cleanliness.
I use a flannel. Put the shower gel on a flannel and go from there.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Matt Morrison wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:32 am I'm always confused by people who don't use body sponges (or similar) and apply shower gel by hand. So strange. Either you have to use four times as much shower gel to get anything close to the same lather or coverage, or if you use a similar amount then you end up having a shower which falls considerably short on feelings of luxury and cleanliness.
I'm still confused by the shower gel craze and am very much a bar of soap kinda guy. Am I someone you shouldn't trust?
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

A couple of points here.

1. Flannels, sponges, loofahs and body puffs are basically bacteria-growing machines and it's disgusting that you put them all over your body, even with detergent.

2. Re: bars of soap. I am a shower gel guy - always have been. I once played golf and was showering in the changing room afterwards. I'd forgotten shower gel so was very pleased to see that there was a luxurious bar of soap provided. This shower facility was one of the nicest I'd ever been in, and thick jets of hot water were coursing over me, head first, from the waterfall shower. It was heavenly. I used the bar of soap everywhere and noticed that it had a mild exfoliating effect as well, which was an unexpected but welcome bonus. Once I was fully lathered up I had a look to see the mechanics at play in such an effect, only to realise that this bar of Imperial Leather was absolutely embedded with wiry old man pubes.

So yeah, fuck soap.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:06 am A couple of points here.

1. Flannels, sponges, loofahs and body puffs are basically bacteria-growing machines and it's disgusting that you put them all over your body, even with detergent.
Flannel goes in the wash after the shower. Anyway, how do you clean yourself properly without something to scrub the dirt off with? Just wiping your hands over your body isn't really a proper clean.

I agree on bars of soap. This is the 21st century. We've moved on. Aren't they generally made of tallow (animal product), Callum the vegan?
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:16 am I agree on bars of soap. This is the 21st century. We've moved on. Aren't they generally made of tallow (animal product), Callum the vegan?
Soap gets slippy. That's why the 80s had soap on a rope before shower gel was invented.

Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:06 am A couple of points here.

2. Re: bars of soap. I am a shower gel guy - always have been. I once played golf and was showering in the changing room afterwards. I'd forgotten shower gel so was very pleased to see that there was a luxurious bar of soap provided. This shower facility was one of the nicest I'd ever been in, and thick jets of hot water were coursing over me, head first, from the waterfall shower. It was heavenly. I used the bar of soap everywhere and noticed that it had a mild exfoliating effect as well, which was an unexpected but welcome bonus. Once I was fully lathered up I had a look to see the mechanics at play in such an effect, only to realise that this bar of Imperial Leather was absolutely embedded with wiry old man pubes.

So yeah, fuck soap.
Early contender for post of the year.
Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:16 am I agree on bars of soap. This is the 21st century. We've moved on. Aren't they generally made of tallow (animal product), Callum the vegan?
There are many aspects of the 21st century I'm not yet sold on. Shower gel appears to be one of them, although I have been sufficiently convinced by this thread (mostly Jono, fuck the rest of you) to maybe give it a go. Look at me, getting modernised by a phpBB forum about a daytime game show from the 80s. What have I become?

It's really not difficult to get soap that isn't made of tallow. Saying isn't soap generally made of animal product is like saying isn't food generally made of animal product. I'm also not keen on all the single-use plastics in shower gel, and have a completely unfounded and unresearched suspicion that it is less economical than a bar of soap. But I'll give it a go and see what I make of it.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Callum Todd wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:21 pm
It's really not difficult to get soap that isn't made of tallow. Saying isn't soap generally made of animal product is like saying isn't food generally made of animal product.
Fair enough. It was a bit lazy of me there.

Post of the year for a post about shower gel though? And by Jono as well. I'm not convinced.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Im with Jono when it comes to flannels.
I am 5th of 6 children and was usually last int the bath.
So the water was tepid and murky and the flannel was just a little funky. (probaby from the bollocks of my elder brothers)
Never used a flannel since i left home.
Yeah you get through the shower gel quicker but at least theres no stinking flannel
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Marc Meakin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:14 pm ... from the bollocks of my elder brothers
This sounds like a phenomenal title for a folk album.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

People who say on accident. Unless they did it by accident.
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Post by Adam Dexter »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:06 am this bar of Imperial Leather was absolutely embedded with wiry old man pubes.
Yes, but was this before and/or after your use?
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah you're probably right about my body poof (or whatever they are called, I never quite know) being full of germs, but gawdammit they're my germs. I'd rather have a me-dirty satisfying enjoyable shower than a miserable clean shower.

And whilst in principle I get behind the no-plastic of soap, don't they always leave you with kind of dry, slightly tacky skin?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:23 am Yeah you're probably right about my body poof (or whatever they are called, I never quite know) being full of germs, but gawdammit they're my germs. I'd rather have a me-dirty satisfying enjoyable shower than a miserable clean shower.

And whilst in principle I get behind the no-plastic of soap, don't they always leave you with kind of dry, slightly tacky skin?
Well as we are kiving in an age of bum wipes for adults we can have disposable body poofs.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

People who use toilet wipes on their adult able bodied bottoms.
Having lived through a generation of tracing paper and newspaper to clean my bum until i was a teenager
I'm more than happy with my Waitrose toilet paper with aloe vera
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:23 am Yeah you're probably right about my body poof (or whatever they are called, I never quite know) being full of germs, but gawdammit they're my germs. I'd rather have a me-dirty satisfying enjoyable shower than a miserable clean shower.

I use either shower gel or soap, and simply use my hands. No problem with getting a good lather, and judging by my team-mates (and people in adverts), I'm extremely stingy with shower gel. I'll get through an average bottle of the stuff in a year or so.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

People that use disposable floor wipes instead of a fucking mop.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Ian Volante wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:46 pm [...] judging by my team-mates (and people in adverts), I'm extremely stingy with shower gel. I'll get through an average bottle of the stuff in a year or so.
Good to know. Glad a proper Yorkshireman has addressed my concern about shower gel not being economical.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark James wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:10 am People who say on accident. Unless they did it by accident.
Do people actually say that? Is it an Irish thing?

People who say "The reason being is".
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:30 am
Mark James wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:10 am People who say on accident. Unless they did it by accident.

Seems to be an American thing.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

And it's definitely a younger person thing. I just read up a bit about it there and it seems to come from a sort of opposite to on purpose. Like, I didn't do it on purpose I did it on accident. Just another example of how language changes I guess.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

People who overuse the supetlative super as in " its super windy", " I'm super tired etc".
Isnt " very" dramatic enough anymore?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Anyone who incorporates an on-by-default auto-play into their website, especially those who decide to hide it after it was quite openly visible for years.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Marc Meakin wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 am People who overuse the supetlative super as in " its super windy", " I'm super tired etc".
Isnt " very" dramatic enough anymore?
It’s dramatic af.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Sam Cappleman-Lynes
Enthusiast

I am untrustworthy

Post by Sam Cappleman-Lynes »

People who modify the default subject when replying to a thread.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

People who, when asked which super power they would like to have, choose invisibility.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Mark James wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 am People who, when asked which super power they would like to have, choose invisibility.
This is so true. Probably the best answer in the thread.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:50 am
Mark James wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 am People who, when asked which super power they would like to have, choose invisibility.
This is so true. Probably the best answer in the thread.
I'm surprised by the strength of feeling at this. I wouldn't pick it either, but it would still be useful on occasion if you were allowed more than one that you could swap in and out.

What is the best one?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark James wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 am
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:30 am

Seems to be an American thing.
People who say "is is" when it doesn't make sense (which is most of the time).
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Time travel for me every time
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

The real answer is definitely flying, but it actually doesn't matter what you really think. It's just that anyone who picked invisibility would obviously be a seriously dangerous person to have in your life, and a probable psychopath.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Jon O'Neill wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:19 am It's just that anyone who picked invisibility would obviously be a seriously dangerous person to have in your life, and a probable psychopath.
Yep. Especially when you could still hear them fapping.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 am People who say "is is" when it doesn't make sense (which is most of the time).
Do a sentence please.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Volante wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:56 pm
Jon O'Neill wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:19 am It's just that anyone who picked invisibility would obviously be a seriously dangerous person to have in your life, and a probable psychopath.
Yep. Especially when you could still hear them fapping.
Just to say, I think there's a fapping/flapping invisibility/flying joke somewhere. Might not be though.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Superman's flying around metropolis and he's horny as hell. He's checking out the rooftops and all of a sudden he sees Wonder Woman sunning herself on the roof of the Justice League. I mean she is lying there buck naked and spread eagle. Looks like she wants to get fucked right?
So Superman starts thinking to himself, "Man I gotta get myself some of that wonderpussy." and then he realizes that he can fly down, do a little fast pumping and be gone before she even sees him. Because he's Superman. He's faster than a speeding bullet, right?

So Superman, he swoops down, he fucks her so quick, she doesn't even see him. Wonderwoman sits up and says, "What the fuck was that?" and The Invisible Man says "I don't know but my ass is killing me."
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Mark James wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:32 pm Superman's flying around metropolis and he's horny as hell. He's checking out the rooftops and all of a sudden he sees Wonder Woman sunning herself on the roof of the Justice League. I mean she is lying there buck naked and spread eagle. Looks like she wants to get fucked right?
So Superman starts thinking to himself, "Man I gotta get myself some of that wonderpussy." and then he realizes that he can fly down, do a little fast pumping and be gone before she even sees him. Because he's Superman. He's faster than a speeding bullet, right?

So Superman, he swoops down, he fucks her so quick, she doesn't even see him. Wonderwoman sits up and says, "What the fuck was that?" and The Invisible Man says "I don't know but my ass is killing me."
Happy Birthday, to the joke, 50 years old today 😊
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Sharon White for shizzle 😣😣
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

People who precede a quotation with “quote unquote”, with nothing in between.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:42 pm People who precede a quotation with “quote unquote”, with nothing in between.
As an extension to that are the people who make those quotation gestures with their fingers
I usually reply do the have rabbit ears?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Peopke who say happy zombie Jesus day on Good Friday ffs
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Marc Meakin wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:05 am Peopke who say happy zombie Jesus day on Good Friday ffs
Should wait until Monday, aye?