Spoilers for Thursday August 29th 2013 (Series 69 Prelim 37)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday August 29th 2013 (Series 69 Prelim 37)

Post by Jordan F »

Six wins for Gemma Church, and what should solidly be the number 3 seed is in her hands either way. Can she improve her resume with a 7th win?

Join James for the recap later.
James S Roper
Acolyte

Re: Spoilers for Thursday August 29th 2013 (Series 69 Prelim

Post by James S Roper »

Quick question: Is there an allocated job for whoever does the spoiler threads or do you and JR just do them as nobody else does?...
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

DC could have put in the other S into UNIONS for UNISONS :)
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

James S Roper wrote:Quick question: Is there an allocated job for whoever does the spoiler threads or do you and JR just do them as nobody else does?...
Here's how I remember it happening. James used to do all of them until about...early 2012 or so when his work schedule made it harder. I figured the time I would put them up is about when I wake up in the morning so it's easy enough. So I just sort of have kept on doing it.
John Garcia
Enthusiast

Post by John Garcia »

4th Numbers: (5+4)x(100+7)=963; 75/3=25; 963+25=988
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Well played over your seven games, Gemma and unlucky today. Hopefully you'll have done enough to make the finals. Well done to Peter though, loved his fist pump when he buzzed in on the conundrum. :D

SATIATE for an alt. to MATIEST in round 5.
Gemma Church

Post by Gemma Church »

Jack Worsley wrote:Well played over your seven games, Gemma and unlucky today. Hopefully you'll have done enough to make the finals. Well done to Peter though, loved his fist pump when he buzzed in on the conundrum. :D

SATIATE for an alt. to MATIEST in round 5.
Thanks Jack - I had a good run but was gutted to lose at this point - I was looking forward to playing (and losing to!) Jen in the next game!! But the better player won - Peter was a very nice chap and thrilled to win his teapot!

Fingers crossed for the finals but with only 6 wins and the fab standard we've seen so far, I won't hold my breath :D
James S Roper
Acolyte

Post by James S Roper »

Very well done on your 6 wins Gemma! Awesome game today, despite the fact the fist pump when he buzzed in may have been unsportsmanlike but I found it funny :P both very likeable characters and hopefully we'll see you in the finals!

GENTOOS as an equaller in R7.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Too much excitement at the end that it caused my screen to freeze up 15 seconds into the conundrum.
Still took me 3 minutes to solve it with all the ness/less/ful possibilities with those letters.
Anway well done for an entertaining set of shows.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Just checking on the archives, and it seems our new champion is a returner :!: :!:

It says he won 2 shows back in Series 24 in '92, unless there happens to be more than one Peter Etherington who's from Skelmersdale. :P

AILERON/PARBOIL in round 1, HELIPAD/RAPHIDE in round 2, TATAMIS in round 5 and DISUSED in round 12.
Gemma Church

Post by Gemma Church »

Evening - yes he is returner - he mentioned that he'd been on before :)
John Garcia
Enthusiast

Post by John Garcia »

Gemma Church wrote:Evening - yes he is returner - he mentioned that he'd been on before :)
I thought he looked a bit too comfortable for a challenger. Makes sense. Well played Gemma, and bad luck on the loss today. Hope to see you in the finals.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Great run Gemma, you came through some close contests but Peter just had the edge on this one. Some great emotion on getting that conundrum after having those two smelly numbers hiccups, although the fist pump was a little bit much! A very enjoyable contest; I especially liked the itchy nose bit when you both had KISSED.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Chris Marshall
Acolyte

Post by Chris Marshall »

Really enjoyed this game. I think it helps the entertainment when both contestants show their emotions. Love a crucial conundrum too. Not seen one of those for a while.

Not Peter's first nail-biter but it has been 21 years. http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_1272

Well done on your run Gemma. Hope you make the finals.
sean d
Acolyte

Post by sean d »

Just catching up on sky+, entertaining game and a great run Gemma. I think 7 games in 2days took its toll, I saw a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes ( missing an ING for example). Good game and Peter seems like a nice bloke... no harm in the little fist pump, it wasn't exactly in yer face, and it made me laugh.
With a bit of "luck" you could be back to have a go at Dylan in November, Gemma. GL !