Spoilers For Monday April 15th 2013

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday April 15th 2013

Post by James Robinson »

So, after the brilliant 8 out of 10 Does Countdown and Giles' 130 performance on Friday, it's back to the start of the week, and by the end of tomorrow, Giles will be a distant memory.

6 wins and 733 points on from his début 12 days ago, Giles Hutchings has certainly made his mark on the scene, and if he wins today and tomorrow with a combined score of 214 points, then the all-time #1 spot will be his. 8-)

Richard Madeley will be in DC for the next 2 days before Paul Zenon takes over on Wednesday.

Graeme will be recapping later. ;) :) :D
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday April 15th 2013

Post by Jordan F »

Technically a Giles beater, though it could be beaten by any possible 794, but I got 795 by doing (75 + 3 + 1) x (6+4) + 5.
Chris Philpot
Acolyte

Post by Chris Philpot »

I was one the other side with (75 + 5 - 1) × (6 + 4) + 3.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Even though he sounds very little like him, I've noticed in Giles that were he a little older and his voice a little gruffer perhaps, he might sound like Alan Rickman, or could at least do a passable impression of him. Can anyone else hear this? I consulted my Mum, who thought I was talking nonsense, and my sister, who said that she could hear where I was coming from, so I'm still unsure. I'm almost certainly a bit mad though.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Did Nick make the slip there of "not as quick as yesterday!"...it's Monday! :P

Well played again Giles....stopping me from studying for my exams...I'll blame you if I fail :P
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

This is insane. All Giles has to do is score 93 tomorrow and win to break the all-time record (technically only 36 too, or even one could argue he'd be the only octochamp in purely New 15, though there's a ton of different theories regarding this). That's something. Very well done again.
Last edited by Jordan F on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Well done Giles - looking forward to seeing you break records galore tomorrow.

Mauro
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Jordan F wrote:This is insane. All Giles has to do is score 93 tomorrow and win to break the all-time record (technically only 36 too, or even one could argue he's been the only champ in purely New 15, though there's a ton of different theories regarding this). That's something. Very well done again.
Interesting, what is the highest total for someone with seven consecutive wins and then one loss during an octorun? Also what does Giles have to score tomorrow to get to the magic 1000 mark?
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

I think I remember FOLLOWING being a conundrum quite recently, possibly with the same scramble, but for some reason I get no results at all when I search "following" in the Countdown Wiki. It's definitely been a conundrum in the past, does anyone know what's going on there?

Anyway, great stuff again Giles. In older times it was seen as something special when an octochamp would get 850 points in their 8 games, but you've gone and done it in 7! Ridiculous.
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

Jojo Apollo wrote:
Jordan F wrote:This is insane. All Giles has to do is score 93 tomorrow and win to break the all-time record (technically only 36 too, or even one could argue he's been the only champ in purely New 15, though there's a ton of different theories regarding this). That's something. Very well done again.
Interesting, what is the highest total for someone with seven consecutive wins and then one loss during an octorun? Also what does Giles have to score tomorrow to get to the magic 1000 mark?
In order, I believe that's Steve Baines in about the 750s, and 146. (So basically, he'd have to tie or beat the all time one game record to break 1000.)
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Innis Carson wrote:I think I remember FOLLOWING being a conundrum quite recently, possibly with the same scramble, but for some reason I get no results at all when I search "following" in the Countdown Wiki. It's definitely been a conundrum in the past, does anyone know what's going on there?

Anyway, great stuff again Giles. In older times it was seen as something special when an octochamp would get 850 points in their 8 games, but you've gone and done it in 7! Ridiculous.
It was a conundrum towards the end of Series 67, not sure if it was the same scramble though.
http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5604

Great stuff again Giles, looking forward to seeing how many points you end up on tomorrow!
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Jordan F wrote:
Jojo Apollo wrote:
In order, I believe that's Steve Baines in about the 750s, and 146. (So basically, he'd have to tie or beat the all time one game record to break 1000.)
Ah cheers Jordan.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Jack Worsley wrote:It was a conundrum towards the end of Series 67, not sure if it was the same scramble though.
http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5604
LINGOWOLF last time WOLFLINGO this time.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Super impressive stuff yet again, Giles. Things will be well weird when your run ends tomorrow............. :( :cry:

SENHORA in round 4 and MUSTELID in round 10.
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

If Giles scores 147 tomorrow, thus bagging 1001 octopoints, I think I'd pee my pants!