B'day Championship Spoilers For Monday February 18th 2013

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

B'day Championship Spoilers For Monday February 18th 2013

Post by James Robinson »

Well, it's my 25th birthday today!! :D :D :D

Now, what a better way to spend it than by picking 2 of the greatest Countdowners of all time and make the take part in a televised fight to the death!! 8-) (OK, maybe not to the death, but it's certainly an idea! :idea: :twisted: )

With only 10 episodes of this legendary series to go, it's time to savour every last second of this incredible series, and what better way to do it then by watching today's match, which definitely has the ability to be as good, if not better thanj Friday's blockbuster of a game :!: :shock: :o ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Our warriors of legend today are the Series 61 semi-finalist Innis Carson and the Series 60 champion Kirk Bevins, fresh from his max game in his last match and his moonlighting as a darts scorer (correct me please if there's an official term) in the Premier League Darts.

Here are the stats:

Firstly, Series 61 Semi-Finalist Innis Carson - 11 Games, 10 Wins, 1,185 Points (Average: 107.73)
Highest Score: 116 vs. Adam Gillard (30BC Round 1)
Lowest Score: 94 vs. Mike Moran (6th Game)
9's Achieved: 6/8
Total Points/Max/%: 1185/1397 (85%)
Letters Points/Max/%: 835/960 (87%)
Numbers Points/Max/%: 260/327 (80%)
Conundrum Points/Max/%: 90/110 (82%)

Secondly, Series 60 Champion Kirk Bevins - 13 Games, 13 Wins, 1,451 Points (Average: 111.62 - Not Including Game In Series 51)
Highest Score: 130 vs. Peter Bennett (4th Game) & John Ashmore (30BC Round 1)
Lowest Score: 81 vs. Chris Davies (Special Game)
9's Achieved: 6/10
Total Points/Max/%: 1451/1641 (88%)
Letters Points/Max/%: 1009/1121 (90%)
Numbers Points/Max/%: 352/390 (90%)
Conundrum Points/Max/%: 90/130 (69%)

I somehow think the DC guest today was picked to help Kirk out, as he has been there for 7 of Kirk's games in the past, and that's the always welcome Dr. Phil Hammond. :D

I'll leave you in the hands of Graeme for this recap. ;) :) :D
Last edited by James Robinson on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: B'day Championship Spoilers For Monday February 18th 201

Post by Jon O'Neill »

James Robinson wrote:moonlighting as a darts scorer (correct me please if there's an official term)
Referee I think!
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

This is the biggest game in the history of Countdown for me.
Heather Styles

Post by Heather Styles »

Happy birthday, James :D :) ;) 8-) :lol: :P :mrgreen:
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Heather Styles wrote:Happy birthday, James :D :) ;) 8-) :lol: :P :mrgreen:
Thanks, Heather. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) xx

Glad I'm actually able to watch this game live for once :!: 8-) 8-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

There are two solutions to the first teaser, both relevant to the clue. :mrgreen:
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Liam Tiernan wrote:There are two solutions to the first teaser, both relevant to the clue. :mrgreen:
Lol, I suppose you could argue that, can't you :?: :P

PHENOMENAL STUFF SO FAR!!!!!!!!!! 9 maxes apiece and impossible to who has the upper hand/looks most likely to win.................... :roll: ;) :) :D
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Once again one of the better games in Countdown history, following a very similar pattern to Chris v DOD. Hats off to these guys yet again.

PS They edited out Nick's comment about "both contestants being in a great position" when it was 69 each. :(
I thought it was naughty but subtle enough to make the final show, disappointing stuff.
At least "locked together" made it in..

Anyone else feel that tie break conundrums get shown a bit quickly btw?
Hard to explain what I mean exactly, but I don't think it gives us a full sense of the tension and excitement when the game is being deliberately sped up so much (although I understand time constraints etc)
Last edited by Andy Platt on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

WHAT A FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit I thought Innis had won it with CURVELINE at the conundrum, but a super awesome finish worth of being in the final itself. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

NOW THAT IS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND A HALF!!!!!!!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Big congrats to Kirk, and huge commiserations to Innis.

Now, next Monday's quarter-final has to live up to its MAX VS. MAX billing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by James Robinson on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

You gotta stop going to these tiebreak conundrums on us people. Some of us actually like having our hearts beat at a normal rhythm.

Very well done Kirk, in particular a very nice solve when you had to, and I'm glad the one large choice at the end played out for you, I felt bad with how much you appeared to be agonizing over it. Commiserations Innis, you know good you are at this, and really either one of you could have won that game with your standards. This quarter-final between Kirk and Conor is going to be insane.

I have to say as well that the reveal of VIRULENCE was not something I've seen before, and it doesn't seem like it may have even been planned. Was it?
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Credit to both players on a fantastic game.

Mauro
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Wowzers!!! Brilliant game both, you had a tough act to follow with the Chris Davies vs David O'Donnell game, but your game equalled it for best game of the series so far, very well done both, this could easily have been the final. :) Often when you have a clash of the titans you get a let-down from one side, like Haye vs Klitschko, but this one lived up to all the hype and excitement. 8-)

I often wondered in these ultra tense situations, do you hold your breath on the crucial conundrum?
Last edited by Jojo Apollo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Interesting that Innis buzzed with 10 seconds remaining although he did sound fairly confident. Well done Kirk, solid play from both and CAJEPUT was simply outstanding!
Edward McCullagh
Series 64 Champion

Post by Edward McCullagh »

What a game!!!

I was also thinking CURVELINE for the 1st conundrum. Unlucky Innis, you couldn't have done anything more!

Kirk was very impressive and some of the spots (especially in the third part) were excellent. Well played, both of you.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Jordan F wrote:I have to say as well that the reveal of VIRULENCE was not something I've seen before, and it doesn't seem like it may have even been planned. Was it?
They always refilm the conundrum reveals at the end and edit the sequence together afterwards. I guess they
went straight to the answer rather than to another "incorrect" to save time to allow for the second one.

Even though I knew the result, the first two conundrum buzzes made me think I had the winner wrong.
Last edited by Tony Atkins on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Jordan F wrote:You gotta stop going to these tiebreak conundrums on us people. Some of us actually like having our hearts beat at a normal rhythm.
:lol: Agreed, I'm safely sat at home playing along and my heartbeat is racing along, gawd knows what it is like in the tense studio.

I am still having trouble hearing the buzzer for the champions chair side, when it is a quick solve, maybe something is wrong with my telly.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Edward McCullagh wrote:What a game!!!

I was also thinking CURVELINE for the 1st conundrum. Unlucky Innis, you couldn't have done anything more!

Kirk was very impressive and some of the spots (especially in the third part) were excellent. Well played, both of you.
Heh I was thinking it was LINECURVE.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Nice to mention that they've also equalled/beaten the combined max record with 26/27. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) :geek: :ugeek:
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Wow even more well done to both, also happy birthday James. :)

It's great seeing all these greats/legends in showdowns, it's like seeing gunslingers competing against each other and seeing who is quickest on the draw. 8-)
tomrowell
Acolyte

Post by tomrowell »

Not truly 27 as they both missed the first conundrum
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

I think James meant 26/29
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

We all expected a brilliant game and you two certainly didn't disappoint! I thought it was game over when Kirk buzzed in and got the first conundrum wrong but the pressure may have got to Innis, understandably in such a tense situation. Well done to Kirk for making the most of your second opportunity. It's a real shame we won't be seeing Innis again since he's one of the best players in the tournament and has also been a fantastic contestant. This game would have been worthy of the final, it's a real pity you drew each other relatively early. Thank you once again for an unforgettable game; the ideal preparation for having to play next!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

tomrowell wrote:Not truly 27 as they both missed the first conundrum
That's why I left it as that, cos some desperate people (i.e. ME) would like to call that a 27-maxer. :P :ugeek:
Jojo Apollo wrote:Wow even more well done to both, also happy birthday James. :)
Thanks, Jojo. ;) :) :D
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'm entirely happy with my performance here, and the fact that it still wasn't enough just says it all about the standard of this competition. Even if I had spotted VENDETTA (which I was nowhere near, very well done on that one Kirk) it still inevitably would have been crucial, and there's every possibility that Kirk would have resisted buzzing early on the first conundrum if he'd been behind. So all in all, I'm content that I did everything I could reasonably expect myself to.

It was fun watching this back, though with the time constraints, there's no way they could have properly conveyed just how tense those conundrums were. I had actually managed to convince myself that CURVELINE was the right answer - it seemed like a perfectly plausible word in the mess that was my mind at the time, and I'd even convinced myself I'd seen it come up on apterous recently as a 9 (I'd actually seen DRIVELINE). When they lit up the conundrum board to reveal the answer (as they normally do when someone guesses correctly) for a few seconds I genuinely believed I'd won the game, only to be brought sharply back down to earth! The waiting time between the first and second conundrums (only a few seconds on TV, but in reality several minutes) was agonising for both of us, but Kirk held his composure that vital bit better than I did, and for that he rightfully won.

Finally, if you'll forgive me for being horrendously soppy, I'd like to thank Kirk for being such a wonderful sport and great opponent. The ambience between us two in the days leading up to this game, and during it, was one of amicable, light-hearted competition but mutual respect. It was exactly the right feeling for the occasion, and because of it I was able to enjoy the game to the fullest and look back on it fondly, rather than being disappointed that I lost. I probably spent more time chatting with Kirk than anyone else at the final 16 recording session, both before and after this game, and it was a big part of what made it all such a hugely enjoyable experience. Thanks Kirk, and congrats on a well-earned victory.

I'm delighted to have been part of such a great game, but believe me, there's a hell of a lot more to come.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jojo Apollo wrote:
Jordan F wrote:You gotta stop going to these tiebreak conundrums on us people. Some of us actually like having our hearts beat at a normal rhythm.
:lol: Agreed, I'm safely sat at home playing along and my heartbeat is racing along, gawd knows what it is like in the tense studio.

I am still having trouble hearing the buzzer for the champions chair side, when it is a quick solve, maybe something is wrong with my telly.
I don't think it's your TV - Kirk buzzed twice today and there was no sound at all.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Jojo Apollo wrote:

I don't think it's your TV - Kirk buzzed twice today and there was no sound at all.
Although he was in the challenger's chair.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Innis Carson wrote:Finally, if you'll forgive me for being horrendously soppy, I'd like to thank Kirk for being such a wonderful sport and great opponent. The ambience between us two in the days leading up to this game, and during it, was one of amicable, light-hearted competition but mutual respect. It was exactly the right feeling for the occasion, and because of it I was able to enjoy the game to the fullest and look back on it fondly, rather than being disappointed that I lost.
And that respect and affection totally came across on TV, you could tell that Nick, Susie, Phil and Rachel all really enjoyed the show as well because of it. Fantastic show - just about perfect really - shame there has to be a loser out of you two, although I guess we're going to be saying that just about every day from hereon in. Well done though guys, loved it.
Michelle Nevitt

Post by Michelle Nevitt »

This was awesome guys, no less than I'd have expected from you two! You both came across excellently and the atmosphere in the studio seemed great. I think this is my favourite game of Countdown ever.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:I don't think it's your TV - Kirk buzzed twice today and there was no sound at all.
Although he was in the challenger's chair.
Ah cheers Jon, I was half suspecting that I was going deaf. :lol: Ah yeah challenger's buzzer I meant.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Ryan Taylor wrote:This is the biggest game in the history of Countdown for me.
And also my favourite. Well done to the both of you! And to Damian for another great conundrum.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Andy Platt wrote:I think when I was in the audience this game was my favourite, at least of the tournament so far, if not the whole thing.

Wonderful stuff.
To quote Red Dwarf: "We are talking jape of the decade. We are talking April, May, June, July and August fool."

Amazing game and incredible standard. I have to keep my sentences short as I've already gave Jon a spoiler (in apto chat - by accident) but stay tuned!!!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Great game. I haven't got much more to add really. Surprising how many of these are going to tiebreaks. Even with the high standard and lots of equal rounds, it's still more than I'd expect.

I heard Kirk's buzzer (and I'm not watching it again just to double check this). Shame some of you are losing your hearing.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

An excellent, excellent game. Good stuff!
Andy Platt wrote:PS They edited out Nick's comment about "both contestants being in a great position" when it was 69 each. :(
Haha, +1 Nick. That is a great comment.
Innis Carson wrote:I had actually managed to convince myself that CURVELINE was the right answer
Yeah it was a real shame that Jack made this post yesterday. With that in mind, I figured (before you buzzed) that whatever you said would be wrong, whereas if he'd said nothing I would have been sure it was right too - made quite a difference to the tension sadly :(
Innis Carson wrote:I'm delighted to have been part of such a great game, but believe me, there's a hell of a lot more to come.
David O'Donnell wrote:Amazing game and incredible standard [...] but stay tuned!!!
Ha! It's like you guys are just trolling Corby! He even replied to Innis and didn't bite!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Let's end this spoiler shit right now. Neil Zussman wins the final. The end.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Very well done Kirk, in particular a very nice solve when you had to, and I'm glad the one large choice at the end played out for you, I felt bad with how much you appeared to be agonizing over it. Commiserations Innis, you know good you are at this, and really either one of you could have won that game with your standards. This quarter-final between Kirk and Conor is going to be insane.
This is exactly what I want to say, but my heart is going like the clappers too and I was struggling to find the words. Another incredible game. Congratulations, Kirk - really looking forward to you against Conor! Innis, everything you said about Kirk's sportsmanship and chatting to each other is also applicable to you from when we played each other. A great guy and a great Countdowner. You guys are amazing and you really served up a treat today. Not actually knowing the results, I'll go against the general Zussman-mania (even though I know Neil and would be very happy if he won it) and say whoever wins out of Kirk and Conor would probably be the favourite.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Countdown Team
Acolyte

Post by Countdown Team »

Ryan Taylor wrote: Well done to the both of you! And to Damian for another great conundrum.
Thanks. Great that neither solved it, but on reflection, BARRYDICK was crap.
Deserved a BAGOGLORY sort of word. Gutted really. Could have done better.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

You two were just brilliant. Innis, you are the best loser of all time... unbelievably gracious in defeated even though the adrenaline must've been pumping like mad. This and Friday's game are exactly the sort of games everyone was expecting when this tournament was announced, and it's NOT EVEN a quarter-final!
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Jojo Apollo wrote:

There's something wrong with both of your tellies.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

You must be right Graeme, I watched the last part again on 4oD on my laptop and the buzzer sound was very clear. Strange, I wonder if it has anything to do with scart connections blocking out one particular type of sound.

I'll check it again tomorrow, if there is a quick solve by the person in the challenger's chair.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Countdown Team wrote: Thanks. Great that neither solved it, but on reflection, BARRYDICK was crap.
Deserved a BAGOGLORY sort of word. Gutted really. Could have done better.
The lines separating too easy, just right and horrendously difficult are very fine these days. VIRULENCE was a fantastic conundrum, a common enough word which has plenty of plausible solutions. (In addition to cervuline and curveline I guessed culverine when it came up in aptochat a while back.) So I wouldn't be too disheartened about one that falls on the easy side.

And to add, brilliant game guys. Was almost as tense watching it today than it was watching it live. I thought Innis might apply the squeeze after round 6, but VENDETTA was top drawer, and from then on I had little doubt it'd be a crucial. Just crazy to think about the games we've had before the quarter-finals have even started.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I was just thinking that Innis's loss means that all of his series are now out, with Chris Davies and Andrew Hulme already out. And I know Conor and Corby disagree, but it was arguably the best series of Countdown with the high quality of the top three seeds in particular.

Also, I mentioned previously that Ed and Chris were probably the biggest casualities before today's game, and they'd both gone out on tie-breaks - well now arguably the biggest three casualties have. I wonder if this will continue. (I doubt it.)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Adam Gillard wrote:[Not actually knowing the results, I'll go against the general Zussman-mania (even though I know Neil and would be very happy if he won it) and say whoever wins out of Kirk and Conor would probably be the favourite.
Interesting. It's certainly likely they'd go on to win and they'd definitely be favourite in their half of the drawer. I think if Conor wins, he'll be outright favourite. If Kirk wins, then he's probably on a similar level to Jack Hurst. And there's others you definitely can't rule out. David O'Donnell is playing brilliantly, Jack Worsley too and Jonathan Rawlinson is sneaking through nicely after his giant-killing in his first game. Jono's not doing too badly either. I might as well just list everyone.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

CAJEPUT was brilliant. This tournament keeps getting better and better. Congratulations to both of you. It's been said before, but the only injustice here is that one of you had to go out this early.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Innis Carson wrote:Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'm entirely happy with my performance here, and the fact that it still wasn't enough just says it all about the standard of this competition. Even if I had spotted VENDETTA (which I was nowhere near, very well done on that one Kirk) it still inevitably would have been crucial, and there's every possibility that Kirk would have resisted buzzing early on the first conundrum if he'd been behind. So all in all, I'm content that I did everything I could reasonably expect myself to.

It was fun watching this back, though with the time constraints, there's no way they could have properly conveyed just how tense those conundrums were. I had actually managed to convince myself that CURVELINE was the right answer - it seemed like a perfectly plausible word in the mess that was my mind at the time, and I'd even convinced myself I'd seen it come up on apterous recently as a 9 (I'd actually seen DRIVELINE). When they lit up the conundrum board to reveal the answer (as they normally do when someone guesses correctly) for a few seconds I genuinely believed I'd won the game, only to be brought sharply back down to earth! The waiting time between the first and second conundrums (only a few seconds on TV, but in reality several minutes) was agonising for both of us, but Kirk held his composure that vital bit better than I did, and for that he rightfully won.

Finally, if you'll forgive me for being horrendously soppy, I'd like to thank Kirk for being such a wonderful sport and great opponent. The ambience between us two in the days leading up to this game, and during it, was one of amicable, light-hearted competition but mutual respect. It was exactly the right feeling for the occasion, and because of it I was able to enjoy the game to the fullest and look back on it fondly, rather than being disappointed that I lost. I probably spent more time chatting with Kirk than anyone else at the final 16 recording session, both before and after this game, and it was a big part of what made it all such a hugely enjoyable experience. Thanks Kirk, and congrats on a well-earned victory.

I'm delighted to have been part of such a great game, but believe me, there's a hell of a lot more to come.
What a lovely thing to read! I enjoyed watching this back and it brought back so many great memories of the tournament. Innis was a pleasure to play against and it was great chatting to you before and during the game, with quips such as "great spot" or whatever just to keep the game ticking along nicely. It was always going to be quite hard (to some extent) to lose with 102 points but one of us had to go and with Innis' conundrum records on apterous I thought I was a goner. Innis was such a graceful loser and probably the most graceful loser Countdown has ever seen. He was similar when he lost to Chris Davies on a crucial - a true gent and this was definitely a game to remember and treasure.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Gavin Chipper wrote:And I know Conor and Corby disagree
Not really.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Probably the best game I have ever watched. Not just for the calibre of the contestants but also for the spirit in which it was played. Really lovely!

Two of my favourite players and I knew I was going to feel gutted for whoever lost.
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Re: B'day Championship Spoilers For Monday February 18th 2013

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

NEVADITE in Round 8.
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

Just noticed that only the TB conundrum was shown today.
Sam Cappleman-Lynes
Enthusiast

Post by Sam Cappleman-Lynes »

Maybe they've been listening to Rhys and decided that VIRULENCE was too close to the bone.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I wonder what they would have done if there hadn't been a tie-break or if the word had come up in one of the rounds. Maybe just left it in. It was just a bonus that they could both appease Rhys and make it look like a complete game.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm
Innis Carson wrote:I had actually managed to convince myself that CURVELINE was the right answer
Yeah it was a real shame that Jack made this post yesterday. With that in mind, I figured (before you buzzed) that whatever you said would be wrong, whereas if he'd said nothing I would have been sure it was right too - made quite a difference to the tension sadly :(
I wonder if you spoilt it for yourself though because Jack said crucials, not tie-breaks. Did you get them mixed up?

People were discussing whether this was the best game of the tournament so far. I definitely think it was a slightly better game than Davies/O'Donnell overall, but let's not forget Cole/Worsley too. I actually prefer a game not to end in a tie-break. I think they're a slightly unsatisfactory conclusion and you're making the game more conundrum-heavy, so arguably it's a "different" game. I'd probably put today's game second anyway because of the way Jack game from more than 10 points behind to win with that numbers solve and the super-fast conundrum after Graeme maxed the first 13 rounds.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

To be honest, I commented on CORONAS only because Damian had said this conundrum was going to get the chop. It's the other way round to what you think.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Second Round Game 6 2020 Word Update

The max would have increased by one (from 120 to 121), if played today, as there was an 8 available in Round 7, that wasn't available in 2013.

New Words Now Allowed:

R2: ADAMITE, MATAPIE
R3: HOGNEL, PELONG, PLOGUE, POGHUE, PUNGLE
R4: OTRIADS
R6: ALAMIRES, ALMAGRES, MARSILEA, SERIGALA
R7: ROSAKERS (increases MAX from 7 to 8)
R8: NEVADITE
R11: CENTOISE