Spoilers For Monday November 26th 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday November 26th 2012

Post by James Robinson »

Into the final throes of the series we head, but who the last 2 spaces for the finals will go to, nobody knows, but we will definitely have some better idea by the end of the week at least. 8-)

One person who will definitely watch patiently is Grant Waters, because once our current half-octochamp David Barnard loses, he will be guaranteed his finals places. Although, if David does become an octochamp, then he will guarantee his spot and Grant will have to hope that we don't get an 8th octochamp..............

Just a little note for those who care, the episodes shown last week were recorded over 2 months ago, whereas these ones being shown this week were just done around 2 weeks ago, so there'll probably the "noticeable" changes that are tried to be looked over.........

In DC this week for his 7th stint, is the sports broadcaster and one of the presenting stars of the Olympics, John Inverdale.

Recapping service has been resumed in normality this week, so you can join Graeme for the recap later. ;) :) :D
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday November 26th 2012

Post by Jordan F »

Just from observing the numbers board, and not saying I knew this before the board, but couldn't David have subtracted the other 3 from that solution to get to one away?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jordan F wrote:Just from observing the numbers board, and not saying I knew this before the board, but couldn't David have subtracted the other 3 from that solution to get to one away?
Yes, indeed, and that's as good as it gets in that one.

I got 795 a different way: ((((7 + 6) x 9) - 3) x 7) - 3.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

SEETHING as an "obvious" alternative in round 9.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Round 6: thought of WIGMAKER*... but it's not there :-(
Not even anywhere near in OED. So what would a wig maker be called in OED?

Round 8: DIMEROUS - the perfect spot, well done David! Stuck on SERFDOM myself!

Mauro
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

PROTIUM as an equaller in round 12.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

How can WARGAME^ not be a word?! :evil: DECKCHAIR is in, WINEGLASS is in, but of course WAR GAME^ has to be two words! :twisted: (I did have WARAGI for a nice alternate 6, though.)

Just going on a rant, since I played along, tried that word and lost. Truly impressive stuff from David today. 8-) (Also, very good job James on getting this recap up so early.)
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Joyce Phillips
Acolyte

Post by Joyce Phillips »

Well done David, but I thought Stella was delightful - what a shame she came up against someone in such cracking form.
Joyce Phillips
Acolyte

Post by Joyce Phillips »

By the way, James, what changes should we be noticing? Apart from David's hair being a bit longer, that is.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Joyce Phillips wrote:By the way, James, what changes should we be noticing? Apart from David's hair being a bit longer, that is.
The usual stuff such as obvious change in studio lighting, lack of tan on Rachel for example, and normally something that is pretty recent is normally crowbarred in to prove how "recent" it is.

Although, the fact that David had improved a great deal from when he recorded in September to when he recorded earlier this month. 8-)
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Joyce Phillips wrote:Well done David, but I thought Stella was delightful - what a shame she came up against someone in such cracking form.

Stella was a lovely lady, incidentally I talked to her on the phone this evening and she was still in good spirits, the problem is she heard in the green room that she was against me and heard what I scored and had a defeatist attitude towards herself.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Awesome stuff again, David! It was a shame about the last couple of rounds because your performance really deserved a score of 120+. I have to feel sorry for Stell though who seemed like a lovely person, who took it very well.

OMENTA in the last letters round.