Spoilers for Friday October 12th 2012 (Series 67 Prelim 49)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday October 12th 2012 (Series 67 Prelim 49)

Post by Jordan F »

Today is the end of several things. Win or lose, it's the end of Tia Corkish's run, as she tries to become the 4th octochamp of this series (Which considering we only had 4 all of last series, would have happened pretty quickly). Her place in the leaderboard is also in the balance, as she'll have to win with a score of 94 or more to surpass Chris Marshall for the number 3 spot on the board, otherwise she'll surpass Grant Waters for the number 4 spot with a win. If she doesn't win, she will almost certainly stay in the number 5 spot. It's the end of Matt Allwright as well, and while part of me suspects I shouldn't have, I liked him this week.

Join Thomas for the possible coronation recap later.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Friday October 12th 2012 (Series 67 Prelim

Post by Jack Worsley »

JACONET in round 3. Can't pluralise it unfortunately.
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

Eh, not too bad of a last prelim, ending with the second highest score of the regular series so far. Not shabby.

Very well done Tia for becoming an octochamp, you've probably gotten better as you went through your prelims which not everybody else can claim to. I think you very well could be a threat in the finals.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

A very good finish, Tia.

Nice to see you as the first female Apterite octochamp for just over a year. :idea: 8-)

DIATREMES in round 1, AEROGELS in round 6, ANEROIDS in round 8, MEGOHM in round 9 and WAITRONS in round 12.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I was hoping for an A to be the last vowel in R1 to get "my 9" DRAMATISE, but had to settle for the E which gave the 3 nines. A strong performance from Tia - well done.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Chris Marshall
Acolyte

Post by Chris Marshall »

Well done Tia, my wait to be confirmed for the quarter final goes on. Outscored me by 58 points over the last 3 games to seal the higher seeding. Very impressive.
Jayne Wisniewski
Rookie

Post by Jayne Wisniewski »

Well done Tia - its great to see another lady octochamp!