Spoilers for Friday 3rd October

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Spoilers for Friday 3rd October

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

3rd numbers game; 3 5 6 10 75 100 - target 408

75 - 10 + 3 = 68; 68 x 6 = 408

Letters game: CRTUIEDTS

Obtained DETRITUS to equal panel; also dodgier STRICTED and very dodgy DESTRUCT.
(I don't think the last one is a stand-alone word - only as part of SELF-DESTRUCT.)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for Friday 3rd October

Post by Gavin Chipper »

DESTRUCT isn't a dodgy word to me.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Congrats to the likeable character of Kai again today, taking another adult victim in his stride. I had an almost perfect game today and then he beat me on the conundrum. Well done.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

I had DESTRUCT too and wondered about it but it's fine. I'm laid up at the moment :( and watched it from my sick bed but I just about beat Kai on the conundrum by about half a second.Great performances by him, he beat me with PENALTY.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I had an almost perfect game today and then he beat me on the conundrum. Well done.
Kirk did you get SASINS / DANIOS then? :( I wistfully recall the days when even the best contestants used to miss quite a bit... all the top players seem to be near-perfect these days.

Anyway well done Kai - again he beat me on a round (the first numbers, where I cocked up), and I was impressed with his tenacity towards the end there when the challenger was looking to pull away, hitting a real vein of form... he (the challenger) spotted 5 maxima in a row and I think a lot of champions would have crumbled in the face of that onslaught, but not Kai, he hung in there and got his reward on the conundrum. Well done young man
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Julian Fell wrote:
Kirk did you get SASINS / DANIOS then? :( I wistfully recall the days when even the best contestants used to miss quite a bit... all the top players seem to be near-perfect these days.
No mate. I missed that pair and PESTLING embarrassingly.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

I had DANIOS but have never heard of SASINS. I also missed PESTLING but wasn't that gutted since I wouldn't have tried it had I saw it which I didn't.