Spoilers For Monday July 2nd 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday July 2nd 2012

Post by James Robinson »

So, after the thrilling final on Friday, and the success of COHUD, we now start Series 67 of Countdown. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Now, normally we'd like to follow the contestant who had to "retire" to make way for the finals, but the last champion before the finals, was Jonathan Rawlinson, who, of course, took part in the finals.

So, for the first time since the start of Series 46, we start a new series with 2 new contestants. 8-)

Back in DC for his 8th stint, is the always welcome stand-up comedian, Tim "The Joke Machine Gun" Vine. ;) :) :D

Graeme will be around with the recap later, if he's still not hung over from COHUD on Saturday. :P :lol:
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday July 2nd 2012

Post by Andy Platt »

MALIGNED in 11 as alternative max and PERGOLAS in 12 - I don't think DC offered any 8s in that round but feel free to correct me
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

I thoroughly enjoyed the finals (well done to all), but it's quite nice to be back in the land of mere mortals, and a good contest, all the same. Incidentally, UNQUOTE is in, even if there weren't two U's.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Andy Platt wrote:MALIGNED in 11 as alternative max and PERGOLAS in 12 - I don't think DC offered any 8s in that round but feel free to correct me
DC offered just LEOPARDS, not PERGOLAS.

DANSEURS in round 2, DELATING in round 11 and ROQUET in round 13.

1st Numbers Alt.: (4 x 100) - 8 - 6 - 5 - 4 = 377
3rd Numbers Alt.: (25 x 3) + 75 + 6 + 6 + 2 = 164
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Interesting that they picked the two most miserable-sounding contestants to kick off the series.
Somebody wrote:Blah, blah, blah. Don't slag off the contestants.
Just pointing out what you were all thinking, not even slagging them off.