Spoilers for Tuesday May 22nd 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 91)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday May 22nd 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 91)

Post by Jordan F »

We have a new champion today, and no, Tony Atkins did not make a return appearance. Tony Ackland however came out ahead in a narrow victory. Can he get number 2? For those who did not watch yesterday, it is not Alastair Stewart in DC today, it is actually Lesley Garrett, and as I couldn't watch yesterday, I'll have to hear her voice today to see how it actually sounds like.

Join David for the recap later.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday May 22nd 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 91)

Post by Tony Atkins »

Well done to Rachel for the last numbers solve and Susie for the 9s. One more 9 than in my first show, but some rounds
where 6 was the max, so max only 3 higher than my first show being 148, unless anyone got anything better?
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Jordan F wrote:I'll have to hear her voice today to see how it actually sounds like.
Just a language observation: why do we say "see what that sounds like", rather than "hear..."? I do it myself, but it strikes me as odd, when we've got a perfectly common and logical word to use. (Not a criticism Jordan - I like your intros.)

And another observation: we seemed to be hearing a lot about Rachel's "smalls' today. I don't remember that formulation having been used before. But then I don't pay as much attention as I should.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:Well done to Rachel for the last numbers solve and Susie for the 9s. One more 9 than in my first show, but some rounds
where 6 was the max, so max only 3 higher than my first show being 148, unless anyone got anything better?
I got the max as 150, as CYANATES was available in round 6 (not that I got it, I'd like to point out.)

And defo kudos to Rachel for getting 877, there was I thinking I had done good with 878. :roll: