Spoilers For Monday March 5th 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday March 5th 2012

Post by James Robinson »

So, we enter the interruption season of Countdown, otherwise known as the month of March.

It's next week where we really start to feel the pinch, but we have no full week this week, so let me explain what's what.

Because of Channel 4 gaining more athletics rights, they are showing some athletics qualifiers during the week, which while it won't affect us for the first 4 days of this week, will mean a suspension of enjoyable game show entertainment, but gives us a special show in a week's time.

Our new champion is Ben Rollett (not the new Ben R on Apterous), who gave a reasonable showing on Friday, although I suspect he'd have had trouble with either Jack or Peter in the house. Can he make a noticeable improvement today :?:

Back in DC after a 2 year gap is the poet Pam Ayres.

Join Graeme for the recap later. ;) :) :D
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers For Monday March 5th 2012

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Just out of interest, who are the specials between??
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

in the PUBERTAL round.

It's a BALUSTER, by the way.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Just out of interest, who are the specials between??
It's actually special, singular, Douglas. And I'm afraid I don't know, been trying to ask Jim Treloar since he was at the recording, but no joy. (If you're reading this, Jim, pm me if you can.)

MONADIC and NOMADIC in round 1, GOATEED in round 2, ANIMATO in round 7, MANLIEST and TALESMEN in round 9.

3rd Numbers Alt.: ((75 - 50) x 9) + (7 x 6) - 1 = 266, didn't see the obvious way.............. :oops: :roll:
Jim Treloar
Rookie

Post by Jim Treloar »

Details of special sent by e-mail to James Robinson. There is just the one because of Cheltenham races next week. Please e-mail me off board if you want to know about it before next Monday (but not the result!)