Spoilers for Friday February 24th 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 35)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday February 24th 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 35)

Post by Jordan F »

This week so far has belonged to Peter Lee, with 4 wins, against some pretty strong opponents along the way. Can he finish the week with his 5th? There's one more apterous branded hurdle in his way however, and his name is Kieran Bray. How will Peter do in his third game with an apterite so far? It's the end of Ann Widdecombe this week as well, I will simply respond with this: :D and move on. And who knows, after Niall's game, maybe everybody will get a shot of whiskey to go into the weekend with.

Join Thomas for the recap later on.
John Garcia
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Friday February 24th 2012 (Series 66 Prelim

Post by John Garcia »

Good game! It's nice to see a good player who isn't half my age for once.

Suzie made a rare grammatical error. She said: " 'Virgins' was there for 7." Then corrected herself to "were there". However it should be "was there" as she originally stated since she was talking about the word "Virgins".

The good news is that hag-faced harridan Whiddiwitch is gone!
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

ASSENTED as a max equaliser in round 12, and PONGIEST in round 13.
James Robinson wrote: No T in that round I'm afraid, Julie........ :oops:
Thanks for that, James! I got AGONISED first, as the players did, so would probably have gone for that. :)

120 for Peter, wow! Congratulations. Commiserations to Kieran - some great 8s, but Peter seems to be unstoppable ATM.

Nick and Ann saying that employees should be happy to work unpaid overtime. More pandering to the Dail Mail brigade.
People expected to work for nowt - the Tesco solution!
Pair of dinosaurs. :roll:
Last edited by Julie T on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Julie T wrote:PONGIEST in round 13.
No T in that round I'm afraid, Julie........ :oops:

ORIGINS/VIRIONS/VIRINOS in round 2, FILTERED in round 3, CENTIGRAM in round 8 and TELEDUS in round 9.

2nd Numbers Alt.: ((25 + (9 x 6)) x 10) + 5 = 795

Super impressive again, Peter. Hopefully 3 more wins next week. 8-)
Niall Seymour
Rookie

Post by Niall Seymour »

Obviously I was absolutely cream crackered after my recording so was only casually playing along casually in the audience, but I was nowhere near either nine so was in a way glad to get out when I did!

Although my 3 housemates and 2 friends at Manchester Uni came along to watch, none of them could arrive until about an hour before my recording started; therefore I spent much of the day in the company or Kieran and his folks who were all extremely nice people. Hope Kieran doesn’t mind me saying that we passed most of the time explaining the rules to his dad who I think at one stage thought we were doing Pointless!

I didn’t go to the next day’s recording and haven’t caught Peter on apterous since, so have no idea how he gets on next week but I do whole-heartedly gets the eight wins. Not so that I can say I was beaten by an octo-champ because he’s a top bloke and undoubtedly good enough to give Jack and whoever else a run for their money at the finals.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Well played both of you, especially Peter - I'd been thinking that your run had been rather dry of nines so far, but you certainly made the most of the opportunity when it finally came.

And credit where credit's due, Ann wasn't nearly as bad as she has been on previous occasions, I even enjoyed her input from time to time. She was nice enough to refrain from offering any political views this time, except that one "I'm afraid so" about prison TVs which, to be fair, Nick goaded her into saying. And she seemed keen to participitate in the game which is always nice.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Excellent performance Peter, probably the best of the series so far. Naturally I'm a little disappointed to see my high score record for the series go but glad I lost it to a quality player.

Well played Kieran too, no disgrace in losing against Peter and you could easily have given many other champions a real problem.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Great performance again Peter, an excellent score with OTHERWISE being a great spot.

Unlucky to Kieran, definitely had the potential for a few more wins.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

DEFILERS as an alt to FIELDERS
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
kieranbray
Rookie

Post by kieranbray »

Thanks for the comments guys. Indeed it was unfortunate to come up against someone as strong as Peter, but he was every inch a worthy winner and deserves to do well should he get to the finals.

I had fantastic fun while I was there and had an experience which I'll never forget :)

@ Niall, it was very nice to meet you too! You were quite unlucky to go down on that crucial conundrum and you'd easily have won a few should you have come against an opponoent any weaker. And yeah, about my dad... he's a bit of a card, I think he knew we were filming for Countdown - at least I hope he did!