Spoilers For Monday February 13th 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday February 13th 2012

Post by James Robinson »

So, we have had an interesting weekend pass us by, if you're a fan of sport or music at least, but now it's time to get back to the main talking point of the week, or at least most likely, the next few days, "Will Victoria be an octochamp on Wednesday :?: "

With 5 wins under her belt, barring a major miracle, she should definitely be #2 seed by the end of the day, but with her erratic performances at the beginning and end of last week, can she hold her nerve enough to get those extra wins that she might need to qualify for the finals :?:

Back in Dictionary Corner this week, is TV presenter Gloria Hunniford, who based on reading what many others on here think, is probably going to be in for a rough week on here.......... :roll:

Join Eoin for the recap later on. ;) :) :D
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Re: Spoilers For Monday February 13th 2012

Post by Jack Worsley »

CAPONIERS in round 4, EGOISTS in round 7 and BOUTADE in round 12.

2nd numbers: 75x7-100-8-3 = 414
3rd numbers: (50-7)x(2+1) = 129
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

PROSCENIA
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

ROUTINE in round 6, BODGIES in round 7, MASJID in round 11.
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

GRITTER in the GUTTIER round.
James Robinson wrote:Back in Dictionary Corner this week, is TV presenter Gloria Hunniford, who based on reading what many others on here think, is probably going to be in for a rough week on here.......... :roll:
Actually I didn't find her too bad today (and she lets Susie claim words). But I think I generally don't particularly appreciate perma-smiley professional presenters - they could be presenting Crufts. Countdown or Wrestling, and we'd get the same act. I prefer to see behind the mask.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Yeah, CAPONIERS/PROSCENIA straight away, was hoping that the E came out and it did, thought DC might be all over that but clearly not!

*generic comment about Victoria being a very decent letterist but needing to improve her numbers to get far in finals*

Gloria wasn't bad today, hey. Maybe she'd been told off after last time heh. But I didn't like that she tried to claim the credit for GUTTIER.
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Brian Moore wrote:
I think I generally don't particularly appreciate perma-smiley professional presenters - they could be presenting Crufts. Countdown or Wrestling, and we'd get the same act. I prefer to see behind the mask.
That sums it up perfectly. I generally prefer those with another string to their bow whilst accepting that some of them - Delia being a prime example in recent times - turn out to be a flopping bore. But they don't often get invited back (unless they are called Michael Vaughan).

I don't get too worked up about taking credit when they shouldn't. It used to be much more prevalent than it is now but realistically it's the same on as on any panel show. No agent is ever going to let his client go on a show without some sort of assurance that they won't look idiotic, and if that means feeding words through an earpiece, so be it.

BTW the latest recording schedule has Margaret Mounford down for a Sunday morning, looks like only 2 shows. Specials maybe?
Jim Treloar
Rookie

Post by Jim Treloar »

Specials. I don't think I'm talking out of turn by saying a special was recorded last Wednesday. There will be no Countdown on Friday 9th March because of some athletics. The week after starting Tuesday is Cheltenham but there'll be a special on Monday 12th. 5th, 6th, 7th 8th and 12th recorded last week, Pam Ayres guest. The special is "interesting". Say no more!