Spoilers for Friday February 3rd 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 20)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday February 3rd 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 20)

Post by Jordan F »

Jocelyn Menyhart, the math tutor who did not get a perfect score on the numbers, did get the win yesterday with a fairly low score, but with some impressive words. Can she get to number two today? Sadly today is the last day of this stretch of Dr. Phil Hammond, and although he did talk about touching yesterday, still no plums, to my joy. But there still may be an appearance today, so I don't rule them out yet.

Join Thomas for the recap later.
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Friday February 3rd 2012 (Series 66 Prelim

Post by John Bosley »

Really enjoyed today's prog. Nick is often very amusing (as today) and has a good rappport with the others.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

FUNFAIR as an equaller in the FARTING round.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:FUNFAIR as an equaller in the FARTING round.
Only one F.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

EDUCATOR, CROUPADE in the OUTPACED round
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

EROSION in round 3.

2nd numbers alt: (75+1)x(4+4)+25+5 = 638
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Nice to see a pretty high scoring female on the show.

Also, thought it was funny at the end when Rachel said "My little nephew is being born next week" and then Nick asked if it was a boy or a girl :?:

Still, congrats to Jocelyn.
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Nice to see a pretty high scoring female on the show.

So how many out of ten are you giving her Eoin?

Re the maths/arithmetic issue raised yesterday, and eluded to by Jordan, in this house there's one with a maths degree, one with A level Further Maths, and me who just scraped a pass at O level. But way ahead on the numbers games most of the time, and whenever hosts past and present have implied that a maths teacher must be good at the numbers she with the maths degree goes off on one about maths and arithmetic not being the same thing.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Keith Bennett wrote:Re the maths/arithmetic issue raised yesterday, and eluded to by Jordan, in this house there's one with a maths degree, one with A level Further Maths, and me who just scraped a pass at O level. But way ahead on the numbers games most of the time, and whenever hosts past and present have implied that a maths teacher must be good at the numbers she with the maths degree goes off on one about maths and arithmetic not being the same thing.
Although arithmetic is one part of maths, just like proof by induction is. You can also have a maths degree without being very good at the latter.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jocelyn was very good again today, although I did worry at a few occasions, as she wasn't pulling away from Chris (who was a pretty mediocre opponent it has to be said) enough. But, very glad she won and can hopefully win a few more next week.

PAISAN in round 1, NEOCONS in round 3 and KEROSINE in round 8.

2nd Numbers Alt.: ((75 + 1) x (4 + 4)) + 25 + 5 = 638
John Bosley wrote:Really enjoyed today's prog. Nick is often very amusing (as today) and has a good rappport with the others.
I second that. It has definitely taken him some time, but he has clearly taken on board viewer's comments (these were the first episodes recorded since his debut) and has definitely looked much more comfortable and has now settled in comfortably into the chair, which is brill to see. :D 8-)