Spoilers For Monday January 23rd 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday January 23rd 2012

Post by James Robinson »

So, we're entering the 3rd week of Countdown in 2012, and a very important one too, as it's COLIN week this week. The big event on Saturday will be the 8th competition in the city in the county that took its name from the city.

So, how appropriate would it be if our current champion, Mark Murphy, won his 8th game on Friday to mark the occasion. In my personal opinion, I doubt it'll happen, but before I make any rash predictions, let's see what some overnight rest has done for him in his quest for half-octochampdom, which he'll achieve with a win today.

Back in DC for his 2nd stint, probably to the disapproval of most people on here, with the exception of Rhys Benjamin, is the ex-England cricket captain, Michael Vaughan.

Join Graeme for his 2nd recap later. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Re: Spoilers For Monday January 23rd 2012

Post by Jack Worsley »

PUNCTAE in round 2
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Coincidence! Just spotted TOMATINE on the show seconds after not spotting it on apterous.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

James Robinson wrote:So, we're entering the 3rd week of Countdown in 2012, and a very important one too, as it's COLIN week this week. The big event on Saturday will be the 8th competition in the city in the county that took its name from the city.

So, how appropriate would it be if our current champion, Mark Murphy, won his 8th game on Friday to mark the occasion. In my personal opinion, I doubt it'll happen, but before I make any rash predictions, let's see what some overnight rest has done for him in his quest for half-octochampdom, which he'll achieve with a win today.
Mark does appear to be settling in IMHO. While he is still undoubtedly being lucky with mediocre opponents, he's not doing badly.

WEEPILY was a good spot given his previous level of ability.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Julie T wrote:Mark does appear to be settling in IMHO. While he is still undoubtedly being lucky with mediocre opponents, he's not doing badly.

WEEPILY was a good spot given his previous level of ability.
Indeed, took me nearly all the 30 seconds to spot that, but missing BOOSTED/BOASTED etc., is pretty bad.

Never mind, swings and roundabouts, etc. He just needs a stern test so we can see what he's really like.

TINAMOUS in round 3, NERINES in round 4 and FLOREAT in round 6.

3rd Numbers Alt.: ((9 + 6 - 2) x 75) + 10 - 2 = 983