Spoilers For Thursday December 1st 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Thursday December 1st 2011

Post by James Robinson »

Ho, ho, ho, we've entered the time of year where Advent calendars, turkey, reindeer, snowmen and stuffing will become commonplace in the coming weeks.

But, this also the time of year when Countdown will be saying its goodbyes for another year.

We still have 5 preliminaries and the finals to go, so don't despair, as there's hopefully plenty of entertainment to lead us up to Christmas time.

Although, based on yesterday, that's certainly not guaranteed. Phyllis "Phyl" Styles is still the champion, but her combined total of 137 from her 2 games is probably one of the worst in 15-round history, and she'll probably have to buck up her ideas today.

Join me later to see if she takes my advice. ;) :) :D
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers For Thursday December 1st 2011

Post by Tony Atkins »

James Robinson wrote:She'll probably have to buck up her ideas today.
She certainly did. That was more like the Phyl who beat me on apterous.

James missed a trick in the first numbers as he should have saved the 9 for the subtraction and made the 26 using the other numbers, far easier than RR's way.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Well she had me beaten with AGISTED, and AMPUTEES was good too, but otherwise I did end up +59 on her

Where was Susie in round 7??? Mid game nap?! OUTLINER. lol. unless that's dodgy on CD and okay on apterous
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Better performance by Phyllis. Saw AMPUTEES marginally out of time but got the nine with ease. LECTION in round 7. I idiotically went for CATHODIZE in round 12. :oops:
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

A bit late today, but I've been out for a nice meal, so I'm full up of goodness, even though my brain seemed to be a bit on downtime today.

Missed AMPUTEES (only had SAUTEE embarrassingly :!: :oops: ), and the 2nd numbers (but it definitely seemed trickier than it looked).

NEUROTIC in round 7 (although I was sure I missed an obvious 9) and ACHIOTE in round 12.

1st Numbers Alt.: ((((6 + 1) x 3) + 5) x 25) - 9 = 641
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Was this meal with a lucky lady James and what did you have?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Was this meal with a lucky lady James and what did you have?
I wish, Douglas. Especially, a lovely blonde haired woman who likes to appear on Channel 4 at 3:10 between Monday-Friday. :D

Unfortunately, it was with my dad and it was a nice traditional fish and chips. :P