Spoilers For Friday November 4th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Friday November 4th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, the week was preparing to go out with a blaze of glory, like many people's bonfires, but instead, David Butcher, was preparing himself for a roasting after missing out on being an octochamp, meaning that his Countdown future is still uncertain, unlike Dave Taylor, whose place in the finals was booked thanks to that result.

So, our deposer-in-chief is our new champ, Clive Barham. Will he be as successful as David :?:

Join Mike later for the recap. ;) :) :D
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Friday November 4th 2011

Post by Andy Platt »

That numbers miss in R5 by both contestants is... interesting... to say the least. Just studio pressure I guess.

Anyone get round 10? Awful selection that was. Shuffle the numbers!
Last edited by Andy Platt on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Andy Platt wrote:That numbers miss in R5 by both contestants is... interesting... to say the least. Just studio pressure I guess.

Anyone get round 10? What a load of wank that selection was. Shuffle the numbers, Rachel.
9*7*6+25+(8-7)=404. Not within the time, though.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Graeme Cole wrote:
Andy Platt wrote:That numbers miss in R5 by both contestants is... interesting... to say the least. Just studio pressure I guess.

Anyone get round 10? What a load of wank that selection was. Shuffle the numbers, Rachel.
Or ((6 x 7) + 25 -9) x7 also not in time. ...... edit but that's actually not 404. whoops
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Tony Atkins wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote:

Or ((6 x 7) + 25 -9) x7 also not in time.
406, I'm afraid.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Droplets as a nice alternative in round 11. Oh and I nearly forgot refrain in round 2 (I think the DC bit was edited out or maybe they did just have nothing to offer).
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Yeah, same way as Rachel , but in time.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Liam Tiernan wrote:

Yeah, same way as Rachel , but in time.
Me too, only just. I had a max, bar missing the available 7 in the last letters (VIREMIA if you're interested).

GRIMED in round 1, MAGNETOS in round 3, DETUNE in round 4, DOTAGES and OUTAGES in round 7, APRICOT in round 9, DIOPTRES in round 11 and SOLANINE in round 12.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

It's alarming how many contestants don't think to add or subtract before multiplying. It helps a lot if you know how too and it's easy to learn. It was actually pssible to make an 8 from 25, 2, 1, 1:
(25-1)/(2+1)

Surprised Rachel didn't get the second numbers game in time, I had the answer in about 5 seconds. Also did it Graeme's way during the break.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

James Robinson wrote:Me too, only just. I had a max, bar missing the available 7 in the last letters (VIREMIA if you're interested).
Yeah, me too. I had a max, bar missing the rounds where I didn't get a max.